Ethaline's eyes widened, her smile wavering as she turned to Pansy and wrapped her arms around her. "I love you." Ethaline whispered, holding her tighter. "Thank you."

Pansy smiled, "There's nothing I wouldn't do for you," she whispered, holding her tightly, "You're my sister."

After that, they slipped on their dresses, complimenting each other until the other two girls in their dorm thought they were going to kiss.

Pansy and Ethaline were the last ones to leave, the excited looks on their faces as they walked up the stairs towards the main stairs. Sure, Ethaline didn't have a date, but she was determined to have fun at both parties.

Before them stood Hermione, accompanied by Victor Krum before Pansy walked and Draco's eyes widened. A slight blush crept into the girl's cheeks as she reached for his hand.

Ethaline smiled and lifted her dress, thanking her brother for his compliment before she walked toward them. Suddenly, two hands appeared on her left and right side. Startled she looked up and saw Theo as well as Ivan starring each other down.

"H-hello." She said awkwardly, glancing around and meeting Harry Potter's eye. He seemed to have been starring at her for a while as he completely ignored his dates. Next to him was Ron in what Ethaline thought were traditional robes, they weren't that bad.

"Ethy tell this Bulgarian quack that I'll be escorting you." He snarled, as Ethaline blushed a deep red, she was not imaging this.

They were...fighting over escorting her.

"Actually," Ethaline finally said, "Neither of you asked me therefore none of you will have the honor of escorting me." She said as she lifted her dress, bowed slightly and walked down by herself.

A small smirk on her lips as her hair framed her face perfectly and she walked in. It seemed as if all conversation had stopped and all eyes were on her, the overlooked and underestimated Malfoy. The forgotten Malfoy.

To everyone around, she radiated good energy, the one that sometimes sported around Harry Potter himself. The kind of energy women envied and men wanted at their side, like she was an unobtainable goddess and they were thirsty for her attention.

Ethaline walked in, the memory of her speaking to dragons fresh in her mine, if she could get through that she could get through a ball.

And with that mentality, she turned and stood next to Pansy and Draco who had a small smirk on his lips. Like he was proud of her. Dumbledore announced the champions, Harry had forgotten all about it as the only thing he could think of was she stunning she looked. He truly and physically lost his breath when he saw her which was wrong considering he had a date.

He couldn't help but laugh at the look on the two boys faces who didn't ask her and expected to escort her.

"Harry Potter!"

As soon as Harry was at the dance floor, he danced decently with Parvarti who wasn't expecting that. Ethaline's voice was loud in his mind as he recalled their practice. Soon after, everyone else joined in.

Theo managed to wiggle himself in with Ethaline an adoring look on his face as he said, "You look beautiful." He said in all seriousness.

Ethaline blushed, "Thank you." She whispered, her eyes meeting his before they switched partners.

"Hello Neville! How was your proposal with Ginny?" Ethaline asked as she danced with him.

"It went very well! Just wanted to say thank you and you look v-very pretty." He blushed before they switched again. This time it was Theo once more.