Chapter 2: Hum To Aise Hain

A day that begins with some wholesome breakfast surrounded with laughter and the mere presence of your loved ones is truly a great one

Everyone had just finished their meal and gotten up to get on with the day. . .everyone but Aaradhya. She was just staring into space, cooking up various fantasies and the centre of them all was only one man. . .

Admit it. You're waiting for something that won't ever happen. Her mind scoffed.

It doesn't hurt to hope. . .besides even though I'm not a whisper in his head, he's the screaming in mine. Her heart spoke.

"Aaru madam, what's going in that pretty little brain of yours? You're smiling like an idiot, you know?"

Aaru's blank orbs met Nidhi's and her voice cracked as she mumbled "Nothing". Nidhi's eyebrows raised in curiosity as Aaradhya cleared her throat. "Let's get on with the reason why I'm here," tugging on her friend's arm, she made her way to the room, hoping that her sudden chirpiness would dissuade Nidhi from asking any further questions.

All this while her heart gushed, He's become that 'nothing' when everyone asks what she's thinking about. . .awww

Aaradhya felt a light tug on the edge of her kurti, and she looked down to see the adorable source of the tugging.

"Didi, Can I also play dress-up with you both? I'm so bored," Samaira pouted as she swiftly swayed her body side to side.

She smiled brightly at the little girl, "Of course, sweetie! Let's go!"

Skipping into what seemed to be hit by a fashion tornado, Samaira burst into laughter upon seeing Nidhi shrouded under an array of sequins, velvet, glitter and all forms of fabrics and textures that screamed uncomfortable and over-the-top to Aaradhya.

"Need a little help here, please?" Nidhi wheezed as she failed to escape the clutches of the garments.

Soon after a taxing session, Nidhi burst out her shell and wandered off, hurling all sorts of outfits on an already cluttered bed. Her face contorted into various expressions of judgement; it was shocking that Bollywood hadn't already awarded her the 'Best Actress of the Millennium' Award for Nidhi had managed to pull off around 20 different expressions in just 5 minutes. No joke.

After what seemed like an eternity, she pulled out a scarlet festive gown for their sweetheart with a matching dupatta. Upon seeing it, Samaira's eyes glinted as she hopped across the room.

"That's my dress for the party?"

As soon as Nidhi's mouth curled up in a smile followed by a slight nod, she was immediately engulfed in a tight hug.

"Thanks, di!"

"Of course sweetie! I'm sure you'll look like a princess in the party," Samaira twirled around in glee.