Chapter 26: Kahun Toh Main Bhi Kya

"So where are we going?" Aaradhya looked at Armaan intently, studying every curve, every speckle and every inch of his face carefully

"So where are we going?" Aaradhya looked at Armaan intently, studying every curve, every speckle and every inch of his face carefully. While he tried to be active, the subtle dark circles under his eyes and the way his mouth pursued to suppress a yawn, spoke volumes of his exhaustion.

"Wherever you want?" He shrugged, before realising that her full attention was on him. He looked at her quizzically, "Is there anything on my face?"

Almost like a deer caught in front of headlights, Aaradhya averted her gaze and shook her head. Uff why am I so awkward?

He gazed at her averted eyes and the long lashes that fanned out with innocence, his eyes running down her face to her flushed cheeks. What is wrong with me?

As they neared his car, Aaradhya asked softly, "Can I drive if it's okay? I promise I'm a good driver."

He definitely needs a break from driving, besides maybe we can go to have Bun maska if he's okay with it.

"You don't need to convince me about your driving. Go ahead!" He tossed the car keys in the air which she perfectly caught and squealed.

"Are you okay with bun maska?" She asked as she gauged the settings of the car before starting it. Gliding out of the parking spot, she held an alert gaze on her surroundings, a gaze that seemed to fascinate Armaan.

"Sure. I haven't had bun maska in a long time," He smiled and comfortably sat back to enjoy the ride, stretching his legs a little.

She relaxed upon his friendliness and drove towards one of her favourite hotspots in Mumbai. Surprisingly the roads were not very busy and the sky seemed to paint itself in pastels with the softness of the clouds peeking through. Her eyes shifted to find Armaan's eyes resting closed and his head drooping low as he let out soft snores. A soft smile painted on her lips and she reduced the volume of the radio so as to not disturb him.

He must have been so tired from work. . .She pondered.

She parked the car on the curb and lightly tapped him, "Armaan? We've reached. . ."

He jolted from his nap and looked around before his empty gaze met hers and he let out a yawn, "Aah, sorry for falling asleep. . .is everything okay?"

"Please don't say sorry; you seemed extremely tired and needed to rest. Anyways, we've reached. . .Get ready for the best chai and bun maska," She squealed and quickly rushed out of the car, "Chalo chalo! Let's go!"

Armaan shook his head with a chuckle. She's so adorable.

Adorable? Tu paagal hai kya? His mind retorted.

She rushed to the small shop by the road which had people buzzing around with a plate of bun maska with omelette and a glass of cutting chai; Iconic Aamchi Mumbai street food.