Chapter 6: Haareya

"Sir, Mr Rana and his secretary, from the Trinity Group, are planning to come over in a week

"Sir, Mr Rana and his secretary, from the Trinity Group, are planning to come over in a week. I have even notified the Business Department to look into the potential business models of the sales as you had instructed,"

Ritesh, Shaurya and Armaan's secretary, spoke with agility, a trait he had learned over the years as a trusted employee at the Malhotra and Goenka Industries.

"Sir?"

Ritesh was surprised. . .Shaurya sir was never lost in his thoughts, he was always so vocal and collected.

Armaan noticed this too and motioned Ritesh to leave the cabin with a slight nod.

Shaurya had been behaving this way for the past few days, ever since the Diwali party. And albeit he seemed tight-lipped on the outside, even a fool could sense that his mind was loquacious. What source of power had held him by the knees, such that it had captivated his mind?

Click-click-click

Armaan's fingers snapped in front of Shaurya's face, snapping him from his thoughts.

"Kaunsi pari ke khayalon mein doob gaya hai tu? Nahin, nahin teri kismat mein toh daayan aayegi. . .Arrey! Just now the rainy season went by; it should have stayed a little longer. . ."

(In which fairy's thoughts have you drowned it? No, no, your fate only calls for a witch.)

Armaan paused for a dramatic effect as he sauntered towards Shaurya, whose attention was solely on Armaan.

"Dekhlena, It'd be raining heavily and woh matak matak ke aake, she'd touch you and sing, 'Bheege hont tere, pyaasa dil mera'," Armaan melodramatically behaved like the woman he was talking about; his torso slightly bent forward, with his palm holding his imaginary pallu. Shaurya glared at his buddy and threw the stapler at Armaan, which he caught perfectly.

"Tu gay hai kya?"

(Are you gay?)

"Han chal, band office mein romance karte hain?"

(Ya, come, let's romance in the closed office?)

"Oh, Fifty Shades of Grey ki aulaad! What do you want?"

"Yeah, yeah, getting to that only, the coffee club we had booked, for the refreshments of today's meeting with Oberoi Architects, still hasn't brought in the drinks and snacks. Could you talk to the manager, please? I have to get in a call with the German clients," Armaan slipped a sticky note across the desk with a few digits scribbled messily.

"Go handle them, I'll handle this woman with my charms," Shaurya lifted the yellow sticky note and dialled in the digits.