Chapter 11: Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga

He pulled her closer to himself upon the Dj's command, taking her by the arm

He pulled her closer to himself upon the Dj's command, taking her by the arm. He felt comfortable with her and smirked when he caught her staring at him,

"Doll, I know I'm gorgeous, so why don't you just take a picture?"

He chuckled as she slapped his chest, and as they continued to sway, his eyes wandered the space for an extraordinary individual. Taking a tour of the room, his eyes landed on her, and he gulped, taking in her muliebrity and the opulence of her beauty.

The chandelier basked in its glory as its radiance gently kissed her velvety skin. Her smile so bright as her pearly whites peeked through blossomed lips, creating an infectious joy around her.

In that one moment, he had decided that this one hell of a woman was God's Meraki.

She twirled with grace, her every step a bounce, so buoyant, almost as if it wrote poetry.  He just couldn't take his eyes off her. And I swear, he almost stiffened when her doe eyes met his.

Shit! He screamed internally.

Smiling courteously at her, it took every drop of blood, every bone and sinew in him to tear his gaze away from her. And yet, he still couldn't keep away, and almost like a thief, he stole away glimpses of her, dancing with a man who seemed like her colleague. Something burned in him just at the sight of that, her in his arms. . .but soon, the burn sizzled off once the DJ announced for them to switch, and she was now swaying with Dr Kapoor, a senior gentleman and well-respected Dean of Aarogya Care. As couples waltzed, the music came to a cadence, and the poised ladies dipped with the help of their partners. Their eyes met as she dipped ever so slowly, not one of them breaking away.

"Time to switcheroo!"

The DJ's ecstatic voice boomed through the amphitheatre.

Within seconds, there she was, right in his arms, and he couldn't be more pleased. She gasped at the sudden impact, and her chest heaved against his rock hard chest. Her breath hitched as his hand snaked around her waist, and she looked up at him through the curtain of her eyelashes; His playful smile, the twinkle in his eyes, the faint 5 o'clock shadow that gave him an ever-so-slight rugged look. She could go on and on about his facial features. . .

Kya Nidhi? Where is that pact of yours? No falling for good-looking dudes? Her mind taunted as her heart defended. . .Bhaad mein jaaye woh pact! Yeh dil ka acha hai!

(That pact can go to hell! He's good of heart!)

Suddenly she grew hyper-alert to everything around her. Her small hand rested against his large calloused one, fitting in like a puzzle, almost as if it were meant to be. And she swore she felt a sizzle; AIIMS never prepared her for these tingles.

I must be looking terrible; I swear itna nachna nahi chahiye. . .She cringed mentally, hoping he wouldn't notice.

(I shouldn't have danced so much)