Sneak Peek

One night

One night. . .

Darkness filled the wide sky as the only light that bounced was from the twinkling of the medallion of aureate stars and the crescent moon. 

Beams of the very light bounced through the window pane and highlighted the dreamy face of the young woman. Her eyes stood focused on the paper in front of her as her plump rosy lips pursed in attention. Her dainty hand glided across the paper as she performed her act of penmanship. 

That was the night when the walls of her room, the midnight breeze, the faint moonlight and the stars stood witness to her heart's confession that sat as a draft. And it all started with,

"Dear Shaurya,

What is this magic you hold?

Despite being just a flower in your garden,

A star in the entirety of your galaxy. . .

I seem to bloom and shimmer more than I ever have.

How have you become that wonderful free tenant who has just called the property of my mind and my heart his own?

It's a shame really that you're not mine. Maybe things would be different? Maybe I'd have the courage to bring my heart's thoughts and desires to my tongue and speak to you?

Maybe. . ."

A fragile crystal shed from the edge of her eye and splashed on the edge of the paper.

Maybe.

The chill breeze engulfed the entirety of the room and held her tight as the moon's light tried to cheer her up. But the nature of her soul wished to rain as more tears cascaded down her cheeks.

So she sat in the brink of darkness, in the solitary bubble of her feelings.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Author's note:

Hey guys! 

I'm so sorry I couldn't give you chapter 7 today due to some ongoing academic projects. I will try to update as soon as possible. Once again, so sorry for the delay!

Till then, I hope you enjoyed this snippet.

Who do you think is the woman??

Looking forward to hearing your views. . .

Lots of love,

Meghna