Chapter 13: Illahi

Sukoon

Sukoon.

That's exactly how Aaradhya felt as she placed her head against the crystalline glass pane of the plane. As the music weaved through her, she reminisced how she got there in the first place.

"Aaru doll!"

Shaurya literally moonwalked into the cabin with his aviators shading his eyes as he sang,

"Shaurya hai jahaan, party hai wahaan, aur New Year's hai yahaan. . ." He grooved while singing,

"Let's get tha partaaayyy sta–"

His eyes opened up wide as saucer pans as they met three pairs of equally shocked ones as a middle-aged couple had their jaws hanging down.

Aaradhya's eyes widened upon Shaurya's theatrics, but within seconds her eyebrows furrowed as she mouthed, "What in the world are you doing here? Get out!", stressing each and every word out and it didn't take Shaurya even a nanosecond to understand it.

He rushed out of the room after apologising, "So sorry, wrong room!"

She shook her head, trying to suppress the bubble of laughter that threatened to slip from her mouth, as she apologetically nodded to the couple in front of her.

"Dr Dixit, Does this happen regularly?" The lady asked her, clearly traumatised.

"I'm so sorry ma'am, sir. I think the patient got lost on his way to the psych ward. This doesn't happen regularly." It took literally everything in her to not laugh as she dismissed the embarrassing moment and went on to diagnose her.

"You are in our care, Mrs Reddy, and we'll try our very best to make you perfectly fit and fine," Aaradhya squeezed the frail lady's hand in comfort as she walked them out of the cabin. Tucking her phone into her lab coat's pocket, she made her way to the cafe, where she found Shaurya sipping on a coffee, tapping his fingers against the coffee table.

"What was that?" Her tone held frustration with a hint of mischief, "Who moonwalks into a consultation room?"

"Well, who has a consultation during lunchtime?" He retorted, "Anyways chodo, they must have gotten free entertainment. . .Where's Nidhi babes?"

His eyes scanned the area but failed to find her.

"Nidhi babes?" Aaradhya questioned as her heart seemed to drop at the sound of 'babes'.

"Babes?" A third voice pitched in painting a smile on Aaru's face and an I-just-got-caught look on Shaurya's face.