Chapter 1: Mere Saamne Waale Khidki Mein

Soft light from outside peeked through the glass pane into her room, filling its entirety and a faint breeze gushed into the room, hoping to stir things up

Nothing

The mynas cooed in glee, busy feeding the chicks behind the whispers of the drapes.

Still nothing

The glorious sun tried its last attempt and hurled its brightest rays through the crystal pane, reaching her rested eyes. Nature almost let out a cheer for success as she twisted her petite frame; however, the cheer died down as she snuggled deeper into the crevices of her duvet.

Even Mother Nature couldn't wake up Sleeping Beauty from her slumber.

Well, if not Mother Nature, Nidhi could wake her majesty up. Speaking of the devil,

"I'm only one call away....and I'll be there to save the day"

Reverberated through the room as she stretched out her hands and let out a deep yawn. Her tresses were tangled in a mess as she sat up straight and rubbed her eyes slowly. Who in their right mind would call so early in the morning that too on a Sunday?

Without a glance upon the screen, she held her phone close to her ear and mumbled a faint "Hello" only to be interrupted by a scream . . .

"MS AARADHYA DIXIT, You forgot, na? I swear to God, if you do not bring your sleepy ass here right this second, then just wait and watch!"

"Hello to you too Nidhi Madam, to what do I owe this pleasure?" She chuckled and stepped away from the quicksand of her duvet.

"Pleasure?! Aaru, yaar? You were supposed to come home so that we could plan my outfit for the Malhotra and Goenka Diwali party!"

"Uff. . . I completely forgot about that, Good thing you reminded me, even Shaurya is pestering me to come. Acha, I'll be at your place in a few, and then we can decide."

Aaradhya rushed to the bathroom to freshen up, her mind occupied in curating a to-do list of the duties pending for the week. After a quick shower, she quickly dressed up in her favourite olive green kurti paired with a patterned short jacket and blue jeans, making her way to the dining room.

 After a quick shower, she quickly dressed up in her favourite olive green kurti paired with a patterned short jacket and blue jeans, making her way to the dining room