Chapter 24: Something There

Whack!

A sharp pain shot through Aaradhya's calf as she felt a piece of weight on it. As she got up, she felt a wave of dizziness trapping her as her head pounded. Squinting her eyes to take in the light, she looked down to see her party dress was now replaced with a soft satin nightsuit.

"Wait, whose nightsuit is this? And where in the world am I?" She wondered out loud.

"Ughhh Can you just stop screaming?" Nidhi groaned, getting up and stretching her arms.

"Wait, you're also here? And we're in these soft PJs?"

"Yeah, This is Armaan's. . .He must have got us in here last night," Nidhi let out a yawn.

"Um, I didn't know Armaan preferred such feminine loungewear. . ." Aaradhya looked confused, still dazed from the previous night.

"Arey idiot, these are Kayra's and we're in Maan's home," she went out of the room to get ready, leaving Aaradhya to her thoughts.

"Sunn Aaru, Whatever happened yesterday was not supposed to go the way it did. You can't get in between them because they love each other. . .This is a fact. . .But that gadha! Shaurya. . .uff! Why do I even like this boy? He clearly loves Nidhi! Sabko dikhai deta hai!"

Her train of thoughts halted abruptly as Nidhi walked out of the washroom in crisp formals ready for the Aarogya Paediatric Conference. But the one thing that stole the shine from her look was the sadness that filled the brim of her eyes, threatening to burst.

"Nidhi? What happened?" Aaradhya's voice grew worried as she stood up and touched Nidhi's shoulder gently.

"Aaru. . .I. . .There's. . .Ugh!" She raised her arms in frustration before sitting on the bed and using them to cradle her head.

"Nidhi, breathe. . .slow down and theek se tell me whatever you want," She stroked Nidhi's back comfortingly and sat beside her.

"Ok fine, I need to get this out of me. .um, yester-yesterday something happened and it may not seem like a huge deal to you but it is to me and now I don't know how to feel. . .I am hurt but I don't understand why and now I don't know how to tell you and from where to start. . .You know what I mean na?"

Nidhi began blubbering, raising her head in frustration, "Ugh, I'm not making any sense! I should just go to my conference."

Aaradhya continued to stroke Nidhi's back as she spoke softly, "Is it because of Shaurya?"

Nidhi's eyes widened as her mouth grew into an 'O'.