Chapter 25: Socha Na Tha

As Aaradhya made her way towards the cardiology ward for her final rounds she could help but replay her conversation with Armaan from the morning.

I'm such a gadhi! With such confidence I said I have a plan. . .Ghanta plan hai mere paas! Who told you to act so over smart? Now I'm going to look so stupid in front of Armaan. He's so organised and disciplined and then there's me. . .Ekdum jhalli!

She looked at her watch. The time was four pm which meant she still had two hours to go before her so-called 'Movie Ditch' plan. She shook her head and went into the ward to meet the patients.

"Good afternoon Mr Tyagi! Have you had your lunch?" The man smiled at his doctor widely.

"Aah Dr Dixit! Yes, I had but beta I can't have this khichdi everyday. . .Life mein thoda bohot keema pav, tangdi kabab, hakka noodles bhi hona chahiye na?"

Aaradhya and the nearby patients laughed as Mr Tyagi smiled widely.

"Wow, Mr Tyagi! Quoting Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani and all. . .Very cool! And yeh hadh hai, you call me beta and Dr Dixit? It's simply Aaru for you," Her eyebrows furrowed in mischief as the old man raised his hands slightly in surrender.

"Only if you call me uncle-"

Before Aaradhya could even say yes, another chirpy voice teased, "Uff Tyagi ji, We get it you love Aaru beta a lot but allow us to also talk to her."

"Yes Faiza aunty, I'll just come. Tyagi uncle, good job on the diet. . .Soon we'll add a little bit of masala in your food for flavour but till then khichdi hi milega," She sneakily looked around to see if the nurses were around and without anyone noticing she spoke in a hushed tone, "I might sneak in some gajar ka halwa for you later."

Tyagi uncle laughed and patted her head lightly before she went off to Faiza aunty.

"Ji aunty, Now I'm here! Acha, first I'll check your chart and blood sugar levels."

"Uff beta, I'm eating all the ghaas phoos the sisters are feeding me and no sugar at all. . ." Aunty smiled innocently, hiding her crossed fingers which didn't go unnoticed by Aaradhya.

"Han han aunty, that's why your fingers are crossed and Rehman uncle brought sheer khurma for you this morning?" The patients around snickered as Aaradhya placed her hands on her hips and held a stern look on her face.

"Arrey, how did you-Aaru beta I ate nothing!" She feigned an innocent look with the cutest puppy eyes which didn't seem to faze Aaradhya at all. Knowing all her efforts of acting innocent would go to vain, Faiza aunty let out a deep sigh, "Fine but sirf ek spoon chakha tha maine. . ." Aaradhya still looked at her sternly, causing her to mumble the rest of her sentence, "Fine fine, I had one katori! But how did you find out. . .even the nurses weren't there."