T w E n T y

I bite my bottom nervously, practically chewing it at how much I was overthinking right now

I bite my bottom nervously, practically chewing it at how much I was overthinking right now. We kissed. And we fucking loved it. We were in our bubble for the rest of the day yesterday in the lake. It was so easy to be myself around him. Sure there were a few kisses, a lot of stolen ones too but I'm not complaining.

His lips are heavenly.

I thought he'd be gone. I seriously thought he would be gone. The wolves are supposed to be training right now. With their alpha. I woke up early this morning to help make breakfast with the rest of the usual people. Afterward, I came back up here and got in thirty more minutes of sleep. That's an advantage of staying here. I can be productive during the minutes that I'm free.

Now here I am, ready to do my job. Just a sip of water I told myself before I left. A sip of water in the kitchen. The kitchen where Julian was finishing his apple. He threw the core in the bin skillfully without even looking at the bin. "Good morning," he smiled, making it very hard for me to act like yesterday didn't happen.

That was the plan.

Yesterday meant nothing to him, it was just something he did to pass his time. "Sorry," I cleared my throat and turned to leave when he bolted to wrap his hand around my wrist to stop me. "Where are you going? You're mine," he wondered with furrowed eyebrows. My heart backflips because of his two ending words. "Today. You're mine today," Julian corrects himself as smoothly as he could've.

"I have a job to do. It's okay Julian, it's okay if you regret yesterday," I dismissed. His eyebrows furrow in confusion and the ticking clock echoed in my ears. Get out of here, Oceania. He wouldn't allow that. "I never said that. Right now you're acting as if you regret it. Tell me you regret it," Julian bluntly said. With seriousness, I looked at him and couldn't admit it. "I can't," I admitted with my eyes glued to the floor. My heart flutters at the confession. Why is it so easy to admit things around him?

His finger slid under my jaw to force my eyes on his instead. "Great. So we're on the same page," Julian grinned. His fingers easily slipped into my hair before he claimed my lips again with a soft passionate yet lingering kiss. It made me emotional how relieved I was right now.

The constant reminder of his mate was always at the back of my head but for today, I chose to ignore it. Julian pulls away, the smile still on his face. "I have a weird question," he stated and had no intentions of putting space between us.

"And what's that?" I played along. "Would a tattoo affect or change my blood? For you," Julian surprises me by asking. The look I gave already makes him regret the question. "What?" I blurted out and automatically stepped back. "Well...I was thinking of getting this tattoo today but I need to make sure it doesn't do anything to my blood. You know...ink and stuff. I googled some stuff but I need to know um vampire wise," Julian rambled off.

"No, it doesn't. I don't need blood remember? Plus there's blood bags and such..." I trail off. Julian rolls his eyes and his hand slides around my waist. "We've been over this. Blood is a necessity and you need to be healthy about it alright? Are you sure it does nothing to make my blood toxic to you?" He softly asked, his fingers hooking the curly hair behind my ears.

If having tattoos was a problem for vampires, I would've heard about it already. His touch is so distracting. "Yes, I'm sure," I sighed. "Yay, now come on. We're going to the tattoo shop," He says and tugged me out of the kitchen.

Luckily, the elevator takes us to the garage instead of going through the packhouse filled with unwanted attention. Julian refused to let go of my hand throughout the hour drive to the mundane world. As he called it. Affectionate. He became so affectionate so quickly that I'm not sure what to say of it.

It scares me because it's a natural thing to trust him, to respond to him. I've never been like this before, my guard is always up and strong. With Julian recently, he shattered my walls completely. We step into the tattoo place together. He told me to sit on the leather chair while he told the artist covered in beautiful tattoos what he wanted.

His eyes were on me most of the time he got the tattoo done on his left arm. It was still hidden from me and I think that was intentional. An hour or even an hour and a half after, I'm not sure, he finished and paid the man before he stood and showed me the beautifully done dragonfly on his arm.

It was beautiful, I was confused since it was so random but I knew it wasn't random at all for Julian. "Why a dragonfly?" I ask as we walked out of the tattoo shop. My hand easily fit into his as we walked back to his car. Simple things like these make me realize that our bodies are puzzle pieces that were made for each other.

"Mom liked dragonflies, just something to remember her," he shrugged. I'm not surprised at all. He barely talks about his parents. Then again, if it was me I wouldn't want to either. "That's cute. I like it," I say in response. He pressed a quick kiss to my forehead before we went into the car again.

Julian looked at me seriously and I became cautious of the topic. "would you like to test that theory of my blood being the same after getting a tattoo?" He requested. "O-okay," I shakingly agreed. Julian looked around the parking lot to make sure there weren't any curious eyes. The glass in his car was tinted thickly so it was almost impossible.

"Alright," he placed his wrist in front of me. My eyes were on him as I wrapped my hands around his and hit my canines into his wrist perfectly. My eyes rolled to the back of my head at how good his blood tastes. Like normal, not a difference. My assumptions were right. Unable to pull out right away, I drink another huge sip before removing my mouth from his wrist.

"You're so pretty," Julian mumbled, his finger wiping the blood from the corners of my mouth. Before he can wipe it off, I grab his hand and licked his finger to collect the last drop of blood. Julian inhales sharply at the feeling of my warm tongue. I removed his hand and used the back of my sleeve to wipe away any more red. "Such a tease," he huffed to himself.