S e V e N

A knock on the door had me pulling down the book away from my eyes

A knock on the door had me pulling down the book away from my eyes. King Julian stood there with his eyes already on me. I couldn't help myself to notice how hot and muscular he looked in the thin white shirt and black pants. "Your-" just as I opened my mouth he shot me a knowing look, raising his eyebrow as he dared me to continue.

"Julian," I corrected myself. Julian smiled widely, walking further into the library. "I wouldn't expect you to be hidden away here," he admitted, looking around at the many books on the walls and shelves, even the ones scattered around me. "It's quiet and cozy, not to mention I'm alone when I'm in here so I can't give up that deal," I replied, not knowing why I was talking so much.

"You got that right," he let out a chuckle. Studying him, I wondered what the hell he was doing inside here. "Why are you here?" I blurted out. My eyes widened after realizing that I asked that. "To give you this," he said and slid across the table a cup. "What's this?" I asked, studying the coffee cup in front of me. "I didn't know how you liked it so I just made hot chocolate because well...everyone loves hot chocolate," he nervously spoke.

"Why would you make me hot chocolate?" I asked, narrowing my eyes. I didn't think he would remember me from the coffee shop. "Well I owed you one," he answered my thoughts. "Oh, I didn't think you would remember that," I truthfully admitted. The king laughed and leaned onto the frame of the open door.

"Of course, I would remember. So I recently found out that our parents were friends," he changed the subject and my eyes widened. "Yeah, I didn't know about that too," I admitted. Julian nodded once, scanning my face from where he stood at the end of the table. "Well, I was wondering if we could be friends too?" He trailed off, raising his brows and smiling with hope.

The king of the werewolf kingdom, the alpha of all alphas are asking me to be his friend? It was funny actually but I couldn't laugh at it and seem disrespectful. "I don't think that would work out," I say instead. Julian tilt his head to the side and furrowed his eyebrows. "Why not?" He asked. I search away from him, to the books that caved me in to find answers but I found none. "I don't do friends," I finally stated. "That's silly, Oceania. You're human, you must have friends," he acted as if I was being totally absurd.

I didn't miss the way my name rolled off his tongue so easily. "No, not really. Well, I have friends so I don't need anymore," I disagreed. All I wanted to do was go back to reading my book and perhaps sip on the hot chocolate that definitely looked tempting. "Okay, see you around," Julian pushed himself off the frame and spun around as I was once again left alone.