F i V e

Julian Terhan

Julian Terhan

The door opened at my father's beta walked in only two minutes after I had called and requested to see him. He was the only one I could trust mostly at the moment. "Beta Winston, I need to get in contact with Oceania's parents," I say as soon as he entered my father's office that I guess was now mine. "Uh, her father passed away six years ago but her mother works at the local library full time, your highness," he quickly replied, already knowing the information. I nod once and dismissed the man, waiting a couple of minutes before leaving the castle.

"Where to, King Julian?" The driver asked as I stood in front of him and the vehicle. "The library, please," I answered. "Sure," he ran around the car and slid into the driver's seat while I got into the back seat.

Questions were swirling around my head with Oceania. I wasn't even thinking, I was in a bad place when we walked into each other and I didn't my wolf was screaming mate and I was engulfed in her scent until I saw her scrunched up nose and almost soaked navy blue coat. Nevertheless, I knew she looked completely adorable and she was easily the most beautiful angel I had ever seen.

Walking into the library, I smelt the scent faintly of werewolves and old books mixed with cinnamon tea. "Your highness, what a surprise," the woman to my right, behind the counter exclaimed. I walked to her, already spotting the similarities between her and my mate. "You're Oceania's mother right?" I hesitantly asked but I already knew she was because she shared the same eyes and hair color as my mate. "Oh, please don't tell me she fell in the rose bush again," she groaned, clenching a jaw. A smile broke out on my face when I pictured her cute face while pouting.

"No, um...can we go somewhere more private?" I asked while my eyes dragged to the door that read staff only. I was trying to kindly demand her for us to be alone while I talked to her. "Of course, your highness," she quickly said and briskly walked into the empty lunchroom and I followed. "What seems to be the issue?" She asked, taking deep breaths, probably very terrified.

"I want to know how she is human," I start with the question she was probably tired of hearing since Oceania was born. She sighed, looking around the room. "We knew she was going to be different because I had a longer childbirth. Instead of the usual five months, it was seven, nearly six. She didn't have heightened senses and she couldn't mind link. Her father and I just assumed that it would happen when she shifts at ten but it never happened..." she explains, her eyes telling me that this was hard for her to talk about.

"So you have absolutely no idea how she is human?" I summarized, she nodded. "And your positive your mate was a werewolf?" I asked, raising my eyebrow at her. I didn't think it was possible but if the moon goddess did it to me I couldn't be the only one, right?

"Of course, your highness, a human mate isn't possible and I would never cheat on the love of my life," she defended herself trying not to stare at me as if I was insane. "So Oceania knows everything about the werewolf world, correct?" I asked, ignoring her comment. "Correct, it was one of the subjects in her high school so she was basically forced to learn everything," she explained and I nodded, remembering the subject.

"My daughter wouldn't cause any trouble, your highness. She has been working at the palace for five years and she knows to keep her head down and just do her job," her tone was filled with worry and seriousness. Meanwhile, my head was packed with questions about her and how the hell I could end up with a human mate.

"Why did she started working so young?" I asked her one of the questions that have been swirling around in my head. "Well, we moved here six years ago after my mate died," she sadly said. I felt sad for her, I hate that people had to live with the death of a mate. "Why didn't you stay at the other pack?" I added, my eyebrows drawing together. Did something happen? Were they kicked out?

"You have no idea who I am, don't you?" She asked in a whisper and even if it was possible I got even more confused. "Excuse me?" I thought out loud. The woman signed before looking at her arm. She rolled up the sleeve to reveal a tattoo of the word rain.

But it was so much more than that. I remembered exactly what it was. I remembered when I was turning fourteen I told my mother's best friend that I couldn't wait to get a tattoo like hers and I would always be so fascinated over the one word engraved on her hand.

"Aunt Zara?" I whispered, the wheels in my head started turning and I began to recognize her face. "You moved here because my mother wanted to be close to her friend that lost her love," I answered the question that my mother had answered to me when I asked.

"Yes," she smiled weakly. "Remember that joke you and mom used to tell me that Oceania and I were going to get married?" I remembered how I would always blush like crazy and run away from them when they would mention it. "Yes," her smile widened. "Well, your daughter is my mate," I stated and looked up at her shocked and confused expression. How I was able to say that so casually was beyond me.

"Holy Goddess, this cannot be happening..." she mumbled after seconds of dead silence. Her hand covering her mouth as she turned around so I was looking at her back. I stay quiet and allowed her to put the puzzle together and accepted the fact.

"Have you...did you tell her?" She asked, spinning around. I shake my head," I want to do this right. I want her to know part of me at least before I tell her but I will...soon," I dragged my words, not knowing exactly how to say it but I knew with her being human I had to be gentle and patient with her and I didn't mind at all.

"That's great, actually. She wouldn't be able to handle having a mate let alone the king of all werewolves," she mumbled more to herself. Duh, I already figured that out.

"King Julian, Gamma Bryce is requesting an urgent meeting with you," the voice of my father's beta echoed in my head. It's only the second day, dammit.

I sighed, not wanting to stop myself from learning about my mate. "I apologize but I have to go, thank you so much for this and I promise you, I would be only the best for her, and only her," I held her mother's eyes a bit longer before leaving.

I still couldn't believe I was mated to Zara's human daughter.