E i G h T e E n

Written by Riley:

I forgot how to spell for a second. Fuck me. That's all I have to say. That you for your time - rphendren527

 That you for your time - rphendren527

"It's the pack's dinner. You have to come, dress pretty," Julian flashes me a smile before the elevator door closes.

Now here I was, sitting in a pile of Rachel's clothes. Both of us are very stressed out, because of a simple outfit for me to wear tonight. He said to dress pretty. I don't own anything pretty. Which resulted in not only me but for Rachel also panicking about this dinner with the pack tonight.

We've gone through ten of her dresses, and still found nothing. Yet here I am, her personal mannequin though I didn't mind since she was helping me after all. "It's too short Rach," I protested and my hands attempted to pull the dress down more which resulted in more cleavage being exposed. "Have you ever heard the line life starts where your comfort zone ends? You have a beautiful body, Ocean. It's about time you show it off a little," Rachel advised me though her attempts were useless.

I look at her through the mirror and she sighed in defeat. Rachel walked back to her almost empty closet. "Fine, try this one," she sighed and pulled out a dress from the back of her wardrobe. It was a pretty black one with tiny, rose gold flowers on them. It was short and long sleeve but it was something I'd approve of. "Much better," I mumbled and happily took the rack from her before disappearing into her bathroom again.

Looking in the short mirror, I looked completely different in the dress. I couldn't help but look pretty, feel pretty. It was a flowy dress that still hugged my body. Sure it was a bit short but it was the best so far. This is the winner. With a smile on my face, I walked back to her bedroom. Rachel looked up when she heard the door, her once dull eyes injected with light at the sight of my outfit.

"That's perfect! You look so beautiful, Oceania!" She cheered happily with her hands clasped in front of her with her chin resting at the tips of her fingers. "Can I do your makeup? A red lip and simple eyeliner, please! It would finish off the look perfectly," she pleaded and poured her lips the furthest she can with her furrowed eyebrows.

"It's dinner. The lipstick will come off," I reminded her she she grinned at my stupidity. "There are lipsticks that stain your lips so it isn't easy to come off at all. They last hours but a makeup wipe should do afterward," she enlightened me as she walked to her vanity. Rachel returned with a tube of dark red lipstick and a black eyeliner pen. Her eyebrows wiggled mischievously now that I had no reason to decline. And let's be real, Rachel wouldn't let me say no just because I want to.

"I think we should shower and stuff before," I reminded her and her face falls. "Right! Let's take turns showering and then we'll get dressed together," she changes her mind. I hummed in agreement and walked back into the closet to strip off my clothes. "You go first! I have to take a call!" I hear Rachel hurriedly say before the door slammed shut.

Without complaining, I showered, and on the counter were undergarments with tags still on them, letting me know they weren't used before. It was unsettling because it was lacey. Black lace that left nothing for the imagination but I wore it because I didn't have a choice. After I slipped back on the black dress, Rachel returned and she quickly showered. I helped her put on my clothes and while she did her makeup, I brushed out my curls and decided against clipping them back.

Through all my whining, Rachel painted my lip with the red and lined my eyes with black. I'm surprised how it brought out my eyes, not sure if I like the red lip much. Right on time, we walked downstairs. Before opening the doors, she held my hand and looked at me with confidence. "All for food," she reminded and we laugh as she opens the door.

It felt like Deja Vu as his eyes instantly met with mine. He was seated at the front of the table, it was crazy how quickly I found him in a room filled with people. His eyes slowly drunk in my entire body, and I watched as his eyes darkened in approval. Julian shifted slightly and tugged at the collar of the shirt he wore. I kept my eyes on the ground as Rachel pulled me to sit next to her as I attempted to keep my flushed cheeks hidden. "No," Julian whispered, "Next to me."

My heartbeat raced at the sound of his voice, I look around to see everyone else acting as if they don't hear him. So how can I hear him? Then I remembered that werewolves can close of this magical thing that doesn't allow werewolves to eavesdrop with their heightened hearing. Being a vampire, I can move really fast and hear really well.

That still doesn't explain how only I can hear Julian right now and he's whispering to himself. Maybe it's a king thing. "I can't," I whispered back, fear that Rachel can hear me but she was more focused on choosing a seat. "Suit yourself," I hear him say. My eyebrows furrowed at that, he has something else in mind?

"Miss Rachel! Over here," Julian calls and everyone froze. Oh damn. Rachel wasted no time, she obeyed her alpha and we sat down nearest to him, opposite his beta. Of course, I had to be the one closest to him. He looks at me with a contented smile on his face. I rolled my eyes, he always gets what he wants.

"Now we eat."

The dinner progresses, and all the hustling today was worth it. The food was delicious. It's annoying how Julian kept touching my hand, or accidentally our elbows would touch. Even when I took my hands off the table, our knees or shoes would touch coincidentally. He acted like it didn't bother him, or it was completely accidentally but for some reason, I thought otherwise. I hated it.

Okay fine, I'm lying.

I liked it.