T w E n T y - S e V e N

"W-What?" I stuttered

"W-What?" I stuttered. My heart was beating so hard in my chest and I swore it could be heard miles away. Julian looks as if he's about to kill Addison. No one is denying it. Why aren't they denying it?

"Ah fuck, I'm so sorry," Addison winced and Julian rolls his eyes. Before he could respond, Dixon beat him to it. "Give Sahrai your blood please! It's not that hard, the pack comes first, remember?" Dixon reminded.

"Just, cut your hand," Dixon encourages and Julian grabs my hand gently. Using his claws, he was about to slice across my palm until Dixon interrupted again. "Not your claws you idiot," Dixon corrected. The healing process is slower when it's from your mate. That makes sense why Julian would take around thirty minutes to heal from a bite.

"Oh for fuck's sake," Sahrai breathes out before marching up. The knife in her and cut across my palm hard and she flips it over so the blood dripped into the small wooden bowl she had. Next, she did Julian's palm, and after she ran back with Dixon and Addison.

Julian grabbed my hand and scanned them to make sure they were healing before tugging me inside of the empty castle hallway. "Why didn't you tell me sooner? Why would you lie and- none of this makes any sense," I broke the silence first. My head hurts from thinking so much.

That meant the story about his mate was a lie. Julian let out a loud sighed and dragged his fingers through his hair before looking me deep in the eyes.

"Yes, it does make sense. I didn't tell you because I thought it would've been better and I thought you were a human! How do you tell a human that she's mated to the most powerful werewolf? I wanted you to fall for me, without thinking it's forced or without starting the mate bond or anything like that.

When I found out who you really are I didn't want you to think I was with you because you're my mate. If you weren't I would've still helped you, please know that. And then the reason why I didn't tell you recently, I didn't want to tell you because of a threat. You deserved better than that but clearly, that didn't work out," Julian finally revealed without hesitating another second.

Everything seems to slow down as Julian poured this new information on me. I wasn't pissed or upset. I'm kind of happy that I'm his mate because I've spend days hoping what it would be like to be Julian's mate. And here I was. "Was it worth it?" I asked.

"Worth what?" Julian wondered, clearly not expecting me to say that. "I know all about werewolves, Julian! How could you do something so stupid? If I was an ordinary person we would've done already completed the mating process! It's a need to do after you met your mate, Julian. We only kissed two weeks ago," I scolded.

Julian was quiet for a second, probably thinking about what I said before deciding to say something. Yeah, I'm happy but at the same time, I'm sad he didn't tell me sooner so he could give in to his natural urges. "Yes. The answer to your question is yes because you're not with me. After all, I said we were mates. You're with me because you want to be," Julian revealed.

I take one large step and grabbed his shoulder before tugging him down so I could finally claim his lips. I had to admit, what I did there was hot. Julian seems to agree as he doesn't hesitate to claim my lips again, despite of my dominant actions, Julian takes control of the short kiss. Our lips lingered for a few more seconds before our lips separated. "I'm sorry," Julian whispered against my lips.

"You don't need to apologize," I whispered out confused. Then I felt a sharp pinch into the side of my neck. I kept my heavy eyes on Julian's as guilt and sadness ran through them. He holds me tightly so I don't fall and kept whispering sorry over and over before the darkness devoured me.

_♤_

I could've sworn it was all a dream.

My eyes open and the first thing I heard was the beeping of the machines that caged me. The first thing I tasted was how awfully I needed to brush my teeth from the morning breath. The first thing in looked at was the white blank ceilings. The first thing I felt was Julian's thumb moving across my knuckles as he held my hand tightly.

At the sound of the machines going off, Julian jolts his head up. Once he was I was looking at him, he immediately rushed to wrap his hands around me. I winced, already knowing that I smelled bad. "What happened?" I asked as Julian spread tingles across my skin.

Even that makes sense. The touch of your mate is a touch like no other. I pout, disappointed that I didn't figure it out sooner. The last thing I remembered was Julian knocking me out with a syringe.

"They're gone. The entire of Knight Loners," Julian's once worried face finally breaks through with a happy smile. My lips parted to say something when the wooden door open and a female nurse walked through wearing a lab coat and clipboard in her hand. She smiled brightly at the happy sight of Julian and me together.

"Miss Esterez, we weren't expecting a vampire like you to be unconscious for so long under that drug. We're so happy you're finally awake," she politely says, taking me by surprise. My eyes widened in shock and I glanced at Julian for a second.

"Um- excuse me?" I struggled. She just said vampire. "I'm sorry I drugged you but it was the only way to make sure you'd be safe. It wasn't a smart decision and I kinda regret it because you were out for three days but-" Julian began to ramble off.

"What did she imply? Who else knows?" I panicked and began to wonder if that was the case, how am I still alive? "Oceania, they all know who you are," the nurse proudly says with a wide smile though I was feeling the complete opposite.

"Their Vampire Luna."