T w E l V e

The second I stepped into the apartment after work, the house phone rang

The second I stepped into the apartment after work, the house phone rang. I raced to it, already knowing that my mother wasn't home. "Hello," I kindly spoke into the house. I heard the soft laugh of my brother on the other end of the phone. "What do you want, Dix?" I groaned into the phone, holding onto it tightly.

"Is she around?" He immediately asked, referring to our mother. "No, she isn't. What's the matter?" I snapped. The last time we spoke we got into an argument.

"I just need you to answer a question," I changed the subject. I sighed and shut the door behind me. "What's up?" I asked.

"So I heard about the new king in town," he slowly stated. My heart accelerated at the mention of Julian. "Yeah, what about him?" I approved.

"His name is Julian, right? Brown hair, sharp jawline, pretty eyes?" He asked, not giving very detailed descriptions. I clenched the phone tighter. Knowing Julian, he is up to something.

"What have you done to him?" I asked. I pictured him rolling his eyes. "Nothing, sister dearest, Addie and I thought we'd have some fun," he casually replied. "Don't touch him, Dixon! I mean it!" I shout at him, already pulling off my coat and running back towards the door.

"Relax," he assured me. I don't bother replying, instead I hung up and bolted out of the apartment.

I knew exactly where they would take Julian.

_♤_

"Tell me where the hell is Addison," I grunted out, ready to pounce on her. "She is a bit busy, now scram," the dusty man in front of me scoffed. Sighing harshly in annoyance, I let the redness consumed my eyes and I felt my canines pressed on my lips. In one flash I was behind the man who was guarding my back, pushing his head away and sinking my teeth into his neck.

"You're a vampire?" The man looked at me and to the dead rogue on the floor. Vampire bites kills werewolves. Everyone knew that. "Something like that, now let me in before I kill you myself. We both know that I'm faster than you," I ordered.

The guy hesitates but let me through and I ran into the cave. "Where is he?!" I scream as I entered the chambers. Addison and Dixon heads snapped in my direction after I slammed the door harshly. "Cousin!" Addison cheered, dropped a bloody knife to the floor. "Don't, Addie, where is he?" I almost growled out. "Relax, Ana, I'm right here," Dixon came out from the shadows and into the light. Blood was also splattered on his clothes and cheeks but he was unharmed.

"I'm not talking about you," I snapped and walked towards them, checking out what they were doing in the dark part of the room. "Are you serious?" Addison scoffed but allowed me to see their activities.

Julian head was down, not allowing me to see his beautiful silver eyes. His hair was wet making his hair shades darker, his muscular arms held up by chains with sweat or water coating them. His torso and chest had lines of blood but he seemed unharmed. "Julian," I whispered, reaching up to hold his face so he can hear me. His head raised slightly and I almost gasped at the gold and unaffected expression he wore. His eyes held nothing, he seemed distant, dull. Like he didn't have a care but that was only for a second because when our eyes held each other, the sea of grey came alive and his lips slightly parted. I didn't know what emotions were captivated in his eyes but there was something and that gave me hope that he was okay.

"What are you doing? He is the enemy!" Dixon hissed, tearing my attention off of Julian as anger continued to boil inside of me. "Enemy? What did he ever to do you, huh? What did werewolves ever do to deserve the kidnapping, killing and torturing that your coven does? This man did nothing! He is nineteen years and haven't seen his pack since he was fourteen. You want to go ahead and kidnap the king? Do you want war because you're most certainly begging for it," I snapped at them both, taking them by surprise.

Turning back around, I looked around his body to find some way of helping him. There was a chain that left red marks around his waist and instantly told me it was silver. "Don't," I hear him order as I was about to grip the chain but that didn't stop me. Without trouble I broke the two ends of the chain letting it drop to the floor.

"You two speechless now?" I sighed as I grabbed the chair Addison was sitting on before I came in and stood on it. "You are risking your life," Dixon stated the obvious. I sighed as I broke the chairs on his arms causing them to slam at his sides as his shoulders slumped. "Then my death would be on your hands, wouldn't it?" I sarcastically smiled at them once Julian was fine.

Suddenly, I'm pushed back, Julian's wide back blocking my view. I saw his claws out and no doubt his canines were out to show. Julian growled and was ready to pounce until I grabbed him by the wrist. "Don't," I pleaded. I'm not loosing them no matter what stupid decisions they make. I love them. His eyebrows furrowed but I didn't miss the way the gold specks slowly blurred out of his eyes. "Why are you saving him, Oceania?" Addison asked. I walked in front of Julian, stopping him from going anywhere. "What does she mean?" I hear him whisper to me but I ignored him.

"I'll save everyone you two take. Some king you are, Dixon, taking innocent wolves when we never did anything to you," I hissed.

"We?" Dixon wickedly laughed," so you are a werewolf now? Stop acting like your body doesn't fail without blood, stop acting like your eyes don't go blood red, stop acting like you can't move like no other, stop acting like you don't wear that chain do you don't turn into a puddle of ashes, stop acting like you're a bloody mundane, damn it," he snapped at me. My heart quickened it's pace, threatening to burst through my ribcage. Only panic flood through my veins as.

I was terrified.

I was terrified of Julian at this moment. He was a smart guy and probably already figured it out. They did something to him. Maybe drug him, I'm sure he'll forget all of this hopefully.

Red flood through my eyes and I pushed Dixon into the wall and held him by the throat. I wasn't strong enough to push him up the wall and I'm sure he could push me off the wall with one try. "Your mother is a damn werewolf! Have some respect!" I shout at him, pushing his chest one more time before walking away.

"You okay?" I asked Julian while pretending that everything didn't just happen.