T w E n T y - N i N e

To commence our first date, meet me in the library where your mother works at

-Julian.

My eyebrows furrowed because usually, he would use my mother's name Zara, but that was a minor detail. This neatly folded note was placed on the edge of my pillow when I woke up only two minutes ago. I blushing smile wore on my face as I imagined Julian scribbling the words and trying his best to be secretive when he was placing the note on my bed while I was asleep.

The day already started so beautifully. I got off the bed and walked to the bathroom, trying my best to contain my excitement. I've never been on a date before and I'm sure everyone is aware of that. Sadly, there was no time or what to wear written on the paper. Yesterday morning Julian went over to Rio's pack and stated that he'd be back last night. Unfortunately, I was already asleep when he came home I assume.

After finishing in the bathroom, I walk into the massive closet I had with little clothes. My last option would have to be going to Rachel but she already gave me many of her dresses that can't fit her anymore. I told her that she'll want them after giving birth but she's convinced that her style has completely changed.

Before choosing, I grabbed my phone and called Julian, hoping desperately that he would pick up. Even after three attempts, Julian doesn't answer the phone. Nevertheless, I got to work and pulled out a dress that had to be easy for everything. It wasn't too fancy or too casual, it was somewhere in the middle. The dress hugged my top half tightly in all the right places and from the stitched on belt at the waist, it flared out to the middle of my thighs.

I looked pretty.

Helping myself, I poured a glass of blood from the stash we had in the fridge and sipped on it while waiting for a message or call from Julian. He wasn't at the packhouse, I'm certain. So where is he?

When the morning was turning into evening, I applied a light layer of makeup and loosed my curls from the hair tie. Once finalizing that I was good to go, I go downstairs and Julian's driver takes me to the library in the black range rover.

Within ten minutes, the man stopped in front of my mother's work. She doesn't work here today though, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do either. "Thank you," I smiled before shutting the door. I walked to the dusty black door and pulled it open.

The only sound I heard when I stepped in was my shoe moving against the floor. There was nothing special about the library. My heart was beating so fast and something was screaming at me to get out of there. "Hello? Anyone there?" I shouted. There wasn't anyone behind the desk as usual which made me suspicious.

No, I'm just overthinking it.

"Julian?" I called and walked through the bookshelves to see any sign of him but it was to no avail. I grabbed my phone from the back pocket when he touched me and my body froze. My eyes jolt wide and my hands snap over my mouth, trying to pull away from the hand that was crossed on my chest and held a cloth over my nose and mouth.

My screams were stifled, the rough hands kept me in place, and just as I was about to kick him backward, my body fails me and I'm shoved into the darkness without control.

Julian Terhan

"Julian! We have a lead!" Winston ran into my office. I had just got back home from visiting Rio's pack all day yesterday. "On what?" I asked as I tugged the tie off my neck. "Your parent's case! The black object that was covered on the sword was matched to the black statue," Winston rambled off.

My eyebrows furrowed as I accepted his confusing words. Black statue? "What black statue are you talking about?" I asked, genuinely confused. Winston facepalmed. "The black statue, Julian," Winston's voice was stern. My face paled as his words finally registered.

Fuck.

Three days before my parent's death, they defeated witches that were too consumed in black magic. It was a terrible thing that created history. My parents trapped the black magic in a stone that was said to contain it. If it got into the wrong hands, the black magic can be used again which is why my parents buried it under the pack hospital.

The only ones who know and are alive are Winston and I. "How? The statue is buried so how did you even get a sample?" I asked. I like to call it goo. The only way for them to trap it in the stone was to change its matter. Now, the black magic could be touched and supposedly drank. It's a thick black liquid inside the stone.

"Doctor Vissle found old ones from five years ago. And there's another thing, the...tunnels from the library that leads to under the hospital, the doors have been broken down and I didn't check if the statue is there as yet, I came to you," Winston stated and I wondered why it is he didn't say that before. That's crazy. That door is protected by powerful magic. Only Sahrai knows how to break that spell.

"I need-" I began to say when the office doors were thrown open again. Unexpectedly, Chance walked through. "Your highness, I'm afraid I have bad news," Chance mumbled bravely. My anger stirred because of Winston's news yet I nodded anyway. "Luna Oceania requested to take her to the library. I heard a loud sound before I was about to drive off. When I checked, she was gone," Chance explained.

No. No, not Oceania.

"She left this in the backseat, sir," Chance added and handed me a small paper. I opened the creased paper to see words that were falsely from me.

I didn't write this letter.

Oceania Esterez

"So Naive," the man whispered, fingers trailed down my face as I stirred from a painful slumber.

"Oceania, Luna. Wake up!" The familiar female voice shouts at me. The man grunted and kicked her hard in the stomach without care. My eyes jolt open to stare at Sahrai leaning over in pain while her hands and legs were chained up to the wall.

"What?" I mumbled and attempted to go to her when the chains tugged me back. My face falls as I continued I was chained up too. But there were more. "She's not a fucking Luna, darling," the man grunted and grabs the witch's hair, forcing Sahrai to look up at him.

"Fuck you," Sahrai spat. The man drops her head and matches over to a metal table where he took a syringe and easily injected it into her neck. "Sahrai! No!" I screamed but the cords that were injected all over my body and the chains pulled me back. Sahrai's eyes stared into mine as she tried to hold on, tried to fight off the darkness that wanted to consume her.

But even a powerful witch couldn't do that.

"You son of a bitch! Who are you!" I scream with venom at the man. The man walked into the light, finally allowing me to see more than his frame. His eyes finally met mine and all the breath was knocked out of me as I studied his face.

"D-Dixon?"