T h I R t E e N

Just as I was drying my hair with the towel after I changed my clothes, the main phone rang

Just as I was drying my hair with the towel after I changed my clothes, the main phone rang. It was a phone that my mother and I shared and if anyone wanted to contact us, that's the phone they would call.

"Can you get that?" My mother shouted across the apartment. The main phone rang again and I bolted towards the phone. When I got to it, I realized that Rachel was calling, that's weird. She never called all but she had the number for emergencies.

"Rach? Are you alright?" I answered. "Ocean, I'm downstairs in my car, I need someone to talk to," she shakingly replied. I felt my heart drop. She sounded hurt and in pain. "I'm coming," I blurted out before hanging up. "I'll be right back!" I shout to my mother before running out of the apartment.

I ran outside and there her car was, parked next to the pavement. When she opened the car, I pulled her into a hug across the console. She had teary eyes and red puffy cheeks. She looked hurt.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I continued to inspect her when we pulled away. "Oceania, I'm pregnant," she sniffed out. My heart dropped, I pulled away slightly and stared at her. "What do you mean you're pregnant?" I blurted out. Rachel winced. I began to panic, wondering how she must be feeling.

"He isn't my mate," she added, only making matters worse. I turn away from her, leaning against the car seat and slipping my fingers through my wet brown hair as I thought. "Who is it?" I asked cautiously, in hopes she would tell me.

"You're going to hate me," she cried out long tears. I frowned, reaching up to wipe away her tears. "It's alright, you can tell me," I assured her. She stared at me with guilty eyes. "It was Lance Ivory," she choked out.

If she couldn't keep surprising me.

Lance Ivory and his girlfriend Amy Klare were the sources of my nightmares at work. I was happy Julian was back because he had them distracted and away from me. "Amy?" I asked, knowing Rachel would never try to ruin a relationship. She began to cry even more.

"He used me," she simply stated.

"So you just fucked the guy who wants me dead?" I snapped at her, my fingers raking through my damp hair. "I...I didn't mean to! He just has this effect on me and- I don't know. I fucked up," she sobbed out. I sighed, realizing I shouldn't be upset and instead I should be there for her.

"It's alright. I'm gonna be right here with you, we'll get through this," I assured her. We hugged with the console between us and I tried my best to comfort her through the meltdown. "It's going to be okay," I whispered to her while rubbing my hand down her back.

I can't believe it. Rachel is pregnant.

"How am I going to tell him? H-He wouldn't want the baby. Amy would kill me," she ranted out. I felt terrible for her and I know she was being stronger than I ever can be if I was in her position. "How about we go upstairs and talk? I'll make you some food and coffee," I suggested.

She sniffled as she pulled away and shook her head. "Mom needs me home. I can't get her upset now," she frowned. I nodded with hesitation, pulling back with my hand on the handle. "Call me when you get home. And I promise if you need anything at all, even if it's a shoulder to cry on," I softly demanded. She nodded and we said our goodbyes before I ran back inside of the lobby.

Rachel got knocked up by Lance.

Never thought I'd ever say that.

I was so caught in the thought of her situation, when I turned the corner I thought it was clear. But I was wrong since I was knocked by a muscular rock. I winced, ready for the fall when I noticed the hands resting firmly and proactively on my waist.

"Flipping Hell," I mumbled as
my eyes drag up the chest that was hidden by a white thin shirt until I settled on his face. Just by glancing at him, my heartbeat increased. I look into his captivating grey eyes. "Julian," I say out of disbelief as my eyes quickly scanned his muscular and rigid body.

I've been ignoring him since the whole vampire sibling and cousin situation. Last time I checked he barely remembered anything.

"Yes, Oceania?" He hummed, his grip on my waist only tightening and I found it comforting. "You're here," I dumbfounded. "Yes, and you wear glasses, I never seen someone with actual glasses before," he points out with amused eyes. I gave him a shot nod in reply.

Werewolves don't ruin their eyes because then it just heals. There is no point for a werewolf to wear glasses. Hell, I don't even need glasses. It's only when my eyes burn like hell then I put them on to soothe them.

I start to pull away from him and Julian allows me. Part of me frowned that he didn't want to keep his arms around my waist. "Not to sound rude but what are you doing here?" I asked, looking at my feet. I was wearing shorts and a vest for hell's sake. "She didn't tell you?" This question had my eyes snapping back up to his and I hit him with a confused look.

"Who didn't?" I asked.

"Your mother..." he trailed off and I shook my head. I didn't even speak to my mother since I arrived home. My eyebrows furrowed. What would my mother be doing with Julian?

"Just please don't be mad when you talk to her," he told me. Now I was even more confused but I nodded anyway. "I'll see you later," I pulled back from him even more and began to walk away.

I was quick to return upstairs. I was only gone ten minutes, how long did they talk for?

My mother was in the kitchen making coffee when I returned. I stood at the door with my arms folded. "You're not going to tell me that you had a visitor?" I ask my mother, spinning the ring of my keys around my finger. My mother visibly froze and I almost smiled. "Who told you that?" She innocently asked.

"The man himself," I answered truthfully, tilting my head slightly. "What the bloody hell is going on?" I asked her. She looked at me and sighed in defeat. "Honey, Uncle Joey is in the hospital and I need to go see him."

Uncle Joey is my mother's brother who lived a few packs away. I instantly realized the seriousness. "What happened?" I blurted out, wondering about how terrible my mother probably was feeling. "Rogue attack, he's bad and too weak to heal quickly so I have to go see him," she answered, frowning. I remained silent for a couple of seconds, thinking about it all.

"Okay, when are we leaving?" I asked, frowning. I didn't know my mother's brother much but I knew he was all she had. The last bit of family besides myself.

"Honey, you're going to be staying at the royal quarter with the king until I returned," she revealed.