E l E v E n

I didn't know what I was doing

I didn't know what I was doing. Last
night I stayed up trying to find where Oceania's father was buried. Apparently, he was buried on rogue island and I don't understand why. If he was a werewolf then why wasn't his body resting in pack grounds?

The other confusing thing was that my parents would've never wanted that. They would've wanted him to rest at a peaceful place. Not where he's at risk. I just had to make sure it was true. It was only a small rumor I had dug into and I needed to know if it was true or not.

Frankly, I don't think it's true because why would he be buried away from his pack? Of course, I had to be proven wrong. True to the rumors, his headstone was in the middle of the woods and somehow it wasn't vandalized. "What are you doing here?" Someone asked.

Crap. I wasn't expecting to run into anyone. I turned around quickly, my wolf already stirring for protection. "Who are you?" I asked, seeing a figure of a male lurking in the fog.

"Someone who you shouldn't mess with," the shadow figured answered but I wasn't even slightly scared. "That's a very special grave, runt. So I suggest you move away from it," he continued, stepping into the light and I finally see all of him. He wasn't bad looking, definitely strong and muscular with a brown mop of hair and striking blue eyes. He felt intimidating with power, not even lowering his head.

I stepped away from the headstone out of respect. "This is a fellow werewolf's grave if I'm not mistaken," I finally replied. The guy stared at me, letting out a dry laugh. "Whatever you say," he mumbled. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Mason was a werewolf, that's what the papers stated, so why did this random vampire stranger was implying something else?

"You don't sound so sure," I chose to reply, hoping to get some answers out of him. The man walked closer to me, showing off his red eyes. "I suggest you leave if you value your beating heart," he slowly threatened me.

"Touch me and I'll have thousands of werewolves wanting your head on a stick," I challenged back. The guy laughed again. He finds everything funny or was he just being sarcastic? "I'm sure no one would miss a little omega," he replied. I smirked, knowing that he didn't know who I was.

"I am anything but an omega," I defended.

"What are you? The fricken king or something?" He laughed. Jackpot. I remained as serious as he laughed. When his face fell and he studied me, he realized what I was implying and that his little joke was actually a fact. "There no way you're Everly and Carter's son," he mumbled to me, stepping back slightly. My fists gathered at my sides, becoming protective over my late parents. "How do you know my parents?" I almost growled out, trying to control my inner wolf.

He still seemed so confused and consumed by his thoughts. "They're," his words died when he tried to speak. "Um, our parents were really close somehow," the guy finally told me. My jaw felt loose as I stared at him. No way, my parents were only close to Oceania's mother. I'm sure of it.