T h R e E

"Good morning, Blake," I say, my hand snapping to my mouth to cover my yawn

"Good morning, Blake," I say, my hand snapping to my mouth to cover my yawn. "Woke up late?" He says with a small frown, already knowing the answer was yes. "Yep," I sighed before walking through the open doors. "Oceania! There you are! We need help in the kitchen!" Martha grabbed my hand and halted me into the kitchen, she threw me an apron and hair net before orders flew out her lips and I tried my best to take mental notes.

I quickly got to work with baking the fresh bread and creating cherry jam for the doughnuts. Three hours later, I smile contented with all the others who were working in the kitchen. We were proud that the table looked beautifully decorated with the fresh breakfast we whipped up. This was the first breakfast that the king was having with some of his pack members, most of them actually.

The ones that had to protect the borders and run the shops, take care of the children, and got things ready for the day were an exception. "Thanks for the help, Nia and Chris," Martha says, placing her hand on my shoulder. Chris, another person who got dragged into helping, and I shared a smile," You're most welcome, Martha."

The pack members started piling in as the doors consistently opened and shut. Rachel, one of my close friends, was one of them. Rachel was beautiful and was easily one of the most attractive people I knew. She had long black waves and naturally pale skin with natural pink cheeks and dusty black eyes. Freckles scattered under her eyes. You needed to look at her closely to see them. Most of the time she hides them with makeup.

"Are you excited?" She grinned, rubbing her hands together. Both of her hands were almost covered with black ink. Every tattoo on her hand was drawn by her and I believe she gets them done for free since her family member owns the tattoo shop. It's a special ink used for werewolves since they heal very easily.

"Um, yeah I guess? I wanna see the guy that has everyone in a weird bubble," I said honestly, looking around at the impatient yet excited faces around me. "Get ready!" Beta Winston ordered, everyone froze and bolted around the table. I felt out of place as usual as everyone stood in front of their chairs waiting for the big, polished wooden doors to open and reveal the almighty king.

I bet he's just an ugly short depressed guy. But the feeling that I did not belong here consumed me and I found myself stepping toward the side exit of the room that leads to the kitchen. Even Rachel was busy talking to Chris. But when the kitchen doors and the huge brown ones open at the same time, I froze.

Even though Martha caught me when I was trying to leave, my eyes were on the handsome stranger. My eyes betrayed me, I thought while I stared at the guy only meters away from me. I should have expected something like this but my heart continued to beat rapidly in my chest. I couldn't tear my eyes away from him. Those familiar grey eyes that remained locked on mine and I felt the hairs on my hands and legs rise. Suddenly, Martha pushed me back towards the table and I was too busy trying to calm myself down than to protest.

"Alpha Julian Terhan, of the Blood of Gold pack!" Beta Winston called making everyone including myself nod our head in respect. "Thank you, you may take your seats," his English accent made my heart thump harshly again. "Are you alright?" Rachel asked. I nodded, not knowing why my body was reacting this way. It was just a coincidence that he happened to be the same hot dude that made me spill my coffee.

I tune out of the conversation, not paying attention to anything that was being said. If it was important Rachel or Martha would tell me about it later so I stayed quiet and munched on a pancake and the glass of orange juice that was given to me.

When the dinner was over and all the kitchen helpers bolted into the kitchen to clean up, I was on washing dishes duty. While I was rinsing the pots, the doors open and suddenly, all the mindless chatter around me stopped. I turned around, curious to see what's gotten everyone so quiet, and there he stood.

"I just wanted to thank everyone who participated in making the breakfast successful. It was truly delicious," Julian said, his eyes searching through the dozen people inside of here. "It was certainly no problem, your highness," Martha quickly replied, smiling at her king. "Great, I'll see you guys around," he flashed us a smile, showing off his perfect white teeth before leaving the kitchen.

My heart tends to speed up when he is around.