48.New Beginings & Friends

Jason Maddison

"Dae? No offence but you suck at driving."

Odette opened the driver's door and got out of the car, "Yeah maybe next time you can drive yourself and see how hard it is to drive carefully while someone screams in the passenger seat."

"I thought I was dying."

"I wish you were. Maybe I could have driven safely then." Dae said rolling her eyes and grabbing my hand, "Come on. I didn't drive you all the way here so we could stay outside and argue."

"You didn't? Then why are we here?" I asked glancing around at the semi-quiet apartment complex.

"Keep up Jay. Your dumbass boyfriend has a surprise for you. And I want to see how it will turn out." Dae said walking towards the door.

I noticed Darius standing in front of the door with a weird smile on his face. If I didn't know better I would think he was nervous. I let go of  Dae's hand and walked towards Darius. Darius instinctively placed his hands around my waist as I pulled him in for a hug.

"Hi,"

"Hey," I whispered into his neck.

"Hey, I am still here too!" Dae said from somewhere behind me.

Darius face turned pink as a blush crept onto his cheek, "Right, Hey Odette."

"Hey. And you are welcome by the way. Anyway, continue." Dae said gesturing at us with the wave of a hand.

Darius squirmed uncomfortably in my hands so I let him go and stepped away from him to give him space. He glanced around the place before he finally spoke.

"Okay, listen I know you have your apartment and I have mine. But I figured we could both move into one apartment and start afresh here. Together.Our own place. No memories just a blank canvas we get to paint." Darius said looking at me with a silent question in his eyes.

I turned to look at Dae and she shrugged. I looked back at Darius taking in what he had said. He wanted us to move in together?

"Okay, now that I have spoken I realise I should have asked you first. I just thought since you already spend so much time at my place you wouldn't mind. But if you don't want this you can..." Darius spoke with a worried look in his eyes.

"Hey. Relax. I like it. Yes, I would have preferred to be asked first but I like it. So maybe we can check it out now?" I said using my hand to rub his bicep.

"Okay. Okay!" Darius smiled at me before pushing the front doors open.

Dae and I followed Darius into the large empty space. The place was...

"Horrible!" Dae said loudly from behind me.

"I don't know Dae it looks like the best apartment I have ever seen," I said moving further inside to inspect the curtainless windows.

"More like it looks like the only apartment you have ever co-owned." She mumbled.

"Hey!" I said glaring at her.

"Sheesh sorry," Dae said raising her hands and walking past us.

Darius stood in the centre of the room staring at me like he didn't even notice Dae's presence. I moved closer to him and took his hands in mine.

"I love it."

"You do?" Darius asked glancing at our joined hands.

I used my thumb to rub the top of his wrist, "I do."

Darius smiled and leaned into my space. Then with a wider smile, he placed his lips against mine. I used my hands to grab the sides of his face giving me better leverage to deepen the kiss.

"Hey! Stop being disgusting while I am here." Dae exclaimed from somewhere inside the apartment.

"Go home Dae," I yelled laughing.

"I knew I should have hired you an uber instead of bringing your ass over here," Dar said, as she checked her phone "I am actually late for my date so I should go."

Darius laughed and dropped his head into the crook of my shoulders.

I winked at Dae as she walked towards the door, "Bye."

"Bye. Be as disgusting as you need now."

AN: Short chapter. I am sorry I have no explanation but the next one will be extra long so...😅

😅