Virgil's POV

I closed my eyes for what felt like a moment. I open them when I hear light footsteps coming towards me. I try to stand, but my legs won't hold my weight. I look back and see he has a needle."Please," I beg as I start to crawl away breathing quickly. Each second of movement caused more pain. I crawl to the corner and  put my hands on both of the walls . I use all my strength to push myself up. I turn and almost fall forward when I feel a hand go around my throat. I'm struggling while his hand is gripping my throat tighter and tighter. He lifts me up so I'm on my toes. I hold his hand trying to get him to release and he laughs. I keep struggling unable to breath with tears forming in my eyes. I'm gasping for air," please, Deceit, ple..." Deceit cuts me off," Shh," he says while  lightly running the needle across my cheek. I  squeeze my eyes shut trying not to move. I feel him moving the needle towards my neck and I try to fight, but how can you fight when you're so exhausted. Deceit's grip tightens even more. " This won't hurt a bit," Deceit says mockingly and smiles.At this point I'm barely breathing at all. I look into his eyes and for a split second I thought I saw something. Just for a moment I thought I saw something else besides hatred.  Not like something was in them ,but like he was having doubts. But it couldn't have been doubt because Deceit never doubts anything. Perhaps I imagined it. Deceit takes a deep breath and injects the needle into my neck releasing the poisonous black liquid. As soon as it's all gone he drops me and I fall to the floor.

I didn't feel anything at first and start to breath again. Maybe it didn't work, I think while relaxing. I look back up at Deceit confused. He looks at me and starts to smile. He holds up the number three and almost laughs. He begins to count down to the number one. I thought he was joking until I felt a slight sting come from my neck. It slowly started to spread from my neck to my arms and my arms to my legs. I could feel it start to sting more and more. After several seconds the pain was almost like a vibration going through my whole body. I try to breath, but I can't. It felt like my body was panicking. I started to shiver feeling the temperature start to drop.  I look back up and see a hazy looking Deceit squatting in front of me. He looked at me skeptically before grabbing my chin. My breathing slows and I felt like I was  falling asleep,but it was something more. It felt as if I was being pulled from reality. As if I was fading."Janus," I say just above a whisper before closing my eyes and taking a final breath.