Third Person

Real World
________________

The three lightsides have been trapped in the small dark room for days on end. The only thing keeping them company is the dead silence and the smell of old dry blood. Logan opens his eyes with a soft sigh. His shirt is wrinkled and he is rather annoyed when he sees his shoe is untied. He looks over passed Roman at Patton and his expression softens. He doesn't like to admit it, but he really has a soft spot for him.
Patton is staring at the ground with bags under his eyes. His light blue shirt is covered in sweat and tears,but he doesn't seem to notice or care. He keeps looking at Roman, seeing if he'll wake up anytime soon. "Hey, are you okay?" Logan asks leaning as far as he can from the wall to see Patton clearly.
" Everything is just peachy", he says in a sarcastic voice while rolling his eyes. Logan looks away and leans his back against the wall," I...," he starts and is interrupted. "No, really it's great being here! I'm having a great time!I love that Roman almost died and Virgil can't even look at us!I love that Virgil locked us in here! I love this small square room where we will probably spend the rest of Thomas's life! I ...," Patton moves his hands violently against the chains. "I love these chains , they hold my arms above my head in an awkward position!It's very comfortable!"
Patton rests the back of his head on the wall," I'm sorry, I don't know why I said that. " "There is no need to apologize Patton. I understand that things may seem difficult right now, but we need to be positive. Isn't that what you would tell me?" Logan looks over at Patton with a small smile. " Yes, I know you're right, but I don't feel very positive right now."
" It appears that this room is dampening our personalities."Logan says while looking around the small cell. "But why?" Asks Patton. Logan laughs a little ," That's where it suppresses me, I just can't figure it out." Patton smiles at this before turning away.
A few minutes later they hear something from outside the door. Patton holds his breath while Logan looks up with a curious expression on his face. The door opens wide and someone is pushed into the room. They stumble forward almost dropping the red bucket in their hand . They are wearing a grey hoodie with torn jeans.
The weird thing is the jeans don't look like the were made that way. The skin showing has cuts and bruises from years of abuse. He looks skinny and very pale. He straightens up quickly and reveals his dark eyes.
Patton gasps," Virgil!" Virgil walks forward and stops a few feet away from Roman. He stares at him curiously before setting the bucket down. He bends down and takes a rag out of the bucket. He slowly brings it to Roman's face and wipes some of the blood off his neck.
Roman groans in pain and Virgil looks up into his face with wide eyes and exhales. He rings out the rag in the bucket and continues to clean his wounds gently. Roman groans again and opens his eyes. He jumps back and shouts when he sees Virgil putting a rag in a bucket. "Virgil?" He looks at Patton and Logan raising his brow.
He leans back against the wall , slowly exhaling with a painful expression. " I presume he has a few cracked ribs," states Logan. Virgil glances over at Logan and pulls some medical wrap from his back pocket. He slowly lifts Roman's shirt revealing several bruises of many different colors. They were purple, black, and green.
Patton gasps in horror. Roman hisses in pain as the cold air hits him like a kick to the stomach. Virgil, with no expression, quickly wraps it around him tightly and drops his shirt back down. He takes a step back admiring his work and shrugs his shoulders. He bends down to grab the bucket, but hesitates when someone says his name.
"Virgil, it's us. Do you remember? We are Thomas's protectors, we are family! " Virgil stares with a numb expression. " There is no point that's not the real Virgil," says Logan. He picks up the bucket and walks out without a word as the door slams shut behind him.
"They're hurting him!" Says Patton. "They must be, did you see his scars and he looks paler than normal!" " I don't think they've been doing anything to him, those scars looked old,"Logan says with his glasses falling slightly. " And his skin is probably paler because of the serum" " If the serum makes him evil then why did he help me?" Roman asks exhausted.
" They probably need Thomas to continue to act normal before their plan can go into effect." "But he kept looking at us, like he knew us, " Patton says. " That's probably because the serum hasn't taken full affect yet." "Are you saying we can still save him?" Roman asks hopefully. Logan somehow manages to get glasses back in position, "I'm saying that if we don't get out of here soon he will be gone forever.

Virgil walks down the hallway carrying the bucket with two hands. He stares straight ahead and is stopped after several minutes by Remus. Virgil makes eye contact with him. " What are you doing down here? " Remus asks curiously. Virgil says nothing and tries to walk again.
Remus grabs his hood and throws him up against the wall spilling the bucket. Remus looks at the watered down blood and rag. " Oh, you were helping them. "He pushes Virgil into the wall " Who told you to help them?" Virgil stares straight ahead.
Remus shakes him, "Who? " he says angrily. Virgil slowly turns his head so he is facing Remus. " Deceit, " Virgil says softly. "Deceit, why would he tell you to come down here?" Remus says letting off of him a little.
" He told me to clean up your mess ," Virgil says numbly. "Mess?" " He thinks you are childish and pointless to Thomas. You just keep messing up." " Pointless! You little..." Remus bring his arm back and pushes forward, but is stopped suddenly.
Virgil caught his punch and twisted violently. " Ahh!" Remus shouts in pain. Virgil slowly brings it to the ground and Remus is on his knees. He leans in and whispers in his ear," You should really know your opponent before you pick a fight." He twist his wrist further," Please! Please stop!" Remus shouts with tears streaming down his cheeks.
Virgil glares at him before letting go. He slowly rises to his feet and bends over to grab the bucket. Remus remains on the floor holding his arm. "Have a nice day Remus!" Virgil says and then begins to laugh. Remus stares as he walks away terrified. He walks down the hall letting his laugh get louder and louder before it disappears with him.