Part 2 of 2

* cuss word

                       Virgil's POV
                     _______________

  The air smells like dirt and mildew. I lay on my side trying to find a comfortable position while springs from the old bed dig into my back. A realization hits me and I sit up quickly. The bed, the smell, and the blood stains on the floor. " No," I say quickly getting out of bed and pacing around my room. " I can't be back, I.. I escaped! We made it out!" I feel as if I'm suffocating.

   I freeze when I hear someone knock on the door. " Anxiety? Anxiety are you awake?" My blood runs cold when I hear Deceit's sly voice. I look around to find a hiding place, but Deceit already was opening the door. He stops when he sees me and I take a few steps back. " Remus, Remus he's awake!" Deceit quickly wraps his arms around me.

   I push him away quickly with disgust as Remus enters the room.  I begin to hyperventilate and I lay a hand on my heart. I use the other to create space, keeping them a safe distance away. " Anxiety is everything alright?" Remus asks taking a step forward. I take a step away," M-my name is Virgil," I hear myself say.

   Deceit looks confused," Anxiety, what are you talking about?"  I grow angry ," Why am I here? I already escaped this place, so why am I still here?" " Anxiety you're confused, let us explain," Remus says stepping forward concerned. " Get the f*** away from me!"  I scream.

   " Anxiety you need to calm down!" Deceit demands. " My name is Virgil!" I shout back." I know your plan, you can't trick me anymore," I say sounding braver than I felt. Deceit and Remus glare at me with fire in their eyes. "Okay Virgil," Deceit says making air quotes," maybe you should stay in here until you're ready to listen."

     Deceit and Remus quickly exit the room locking the door behind them. I run to the door trying to open it. " Let me out!" I scream at the top of my lungs, but it's no use. They either left or are ignoring me. I slide down the door in defeat and lay my head in my lap.

   " Virgil!" I hear faintly. I look up to see if someone else is in the room and find nothing.  I listen for a moment and say to myself," Maybe I imagined it."  I begin to lay my head back in my lap when I hear it again, but louder," Virgil!" I stand up turning around in circles looking for the source. ," Virgil you have to fight this!" I hear Logan say. " Virgil it's us, your family!" Patton says weakly. 

   " Patton, Logan? Where are you?" I ask placing my ear on the wall and I get no response. I turn around to try a different wall when I see it, the shadow. It stands a few feet away from me and it has no face. The darkness radiants off of him swallowing all the light in the room. It tilts his head just like before, but this time I don't have Roman to protect me.

  The shadow walks forward and I back up to the wall. It is an inch from my face and I hold my breath. I close my eyes trembling. After several seconds of nothing happening I decided to open my eyes. The monster had disappeared as fast as it had come.

    I make sure the coast is clear and dash to the door. I pull hard on the doorknob and it still won't turn. " Please open!" I say banging on the door. Then all of a sudden I feel something grab the back of my neck and it brings me to my knees.

  I look back and I'm blinded by the bright light. The colors all come back to me after several seconds. I finally see a silhouette of a familiar side. He pulls my head back harder and it makes me cry out. He  speaks with venom in his voice," We had a deal!"
__________________________
Third Person
----------------------

  Deceit pulls his arm back more making Virgil cry out and struggle in pain. " Let him go!" Patton says worriedly. Deceit bends down and whispers in Virgil's ear. Virgil stops struggling and his breathing slows. Deceit let's go of him and steps back.