Third Person

* cuss word

     Roman peeks his head from behind the secret basement door. " All clear!" he says sighing with relief and stepping out letting everyone through. They all practically ran out of the dark pit leaving the horror. Roman closes the door behind them and they all look at the new surrounding. Well it is not really new, but it felt as if it's been years since they've been up there.

   Virgil continues to move his eyes in all directions memorizing everything, almost like it would disappear within seconds. Like this could all be a dream and he would be back where he started. Roman and Logan begin discussing the next move." What should we do Logan?" Roman says brushing the hair out of his eyes with a hint of anger. Virgil tried not to laugh,' he's just mad his bobbie pins broke when I  freed them from the chains,' he thought to himself.

     Virgil turns his attention to Patton who is leaning against wall with his eyes closed. He goes to him and taps on his shoulder lightly. Patton instantly opens his eyes and sucks in a breath before speaking. " Hey kiddo, are you okay?" Patton asks weakly. " Yes, I'm fine. Are you okay?" Virgil asks still not knowing that Patton was stabbed.

      " I'm doing great!" Patton says with new enthusiasm leaning off the wall and joining the other two, but in reality he was in so much pain. He didn't want to tell Virgil what happened in risk of making Logan feel worse than he already did. ' I just need to keep smiling. Besides, Logan says it's not too deep, so I should be fine. I'm just overreacting, ' Patton thought to himself as he struggled to stay on his feet.  Virgil was really confused, but decided not to question further. When they both joined the group Virgil soon learned that they needed to find Roman's sword and Logan's medical bag.

    " Can't you just summon your sword?" Virgil asked kind of annoyed. " No," Roman replies also a little annoyed," I didn't put it away properly, so I can't summon it properly." " But can't you...," Virgil is interrupted by Logan,"  We need to go into groups of two and search this place before we go anywhere. I'll start in the kitchen." And I'll help you!" Patton chimes in.

    Logan looks at him, adjusts his glasses and looks away. "Me and Emo over here will go check upstairs." Roman is about to laugh at his joke,but Virgil is already half way up the stairs. He jogs slightly to catch up, leaving Logan and Patton. He finally is walking beside him and Virgil suddenly stops infront of a door.

     Roman looks at the door closely and sees Anxiety in huge letters that look like they were carved into the door by a knife of some sort. Roman also noticed that underneath it looks like it was covering a name. " Virgil," Roman struggles to read out loud. ' Good thing he can't read what's under that,' Virgil says to himself.  He takes a step forward and turns the door knob.

      Virgil let's go and  the door creak open on its own. He sighs and walks in with Roman following close behind. Roman looks around at the room and is stunned. The only thing in it is a bed. Virgil begins to look under it and under the covers as well.

    Roman eyes wonder when they land on something that is on the floor. He would describe this something as one of his least favorite shades of red and that's saying something because he loves all colors. It was reddish brown and covered in dust. Before Roman can say something Virgil speaks," That was one of my many failed escape attempts," he says without looking up. Roman looks over to find him tracing things on the dusty old blanket. "How many escape attempts?" Roman asks.

      Virgil stops for a moment and then pulls the blanket up trying to leave it nicer than it had been. He seems satisfied and walks out the door. He turns around to the still staring Roman," Well are you coming?" Roman walks quickly to the door and Virgil closes it behind them. They continue walking down the hall and stop at the next door.