Roman's POV

I am in my room getting everything I need to go save Virgil from my crazy brother and that snake. I hook my sword to my belt and look in the mirror. I see my reflection and I look exhausted with stained red cheeks and bags under my eyes. I don't have time to worry about looks, I need to find Virgil, I think. I look away from the mirror still disgusted with my appearance and make my way to the door.

Once I'm in the hallway I make my way towards Logan's dark blue door. I knock once and wait for an answer. After few moments I hear a soft, but stern , "You may enter?" I slowly open the door and see medical supplies all over his bed. I look around some more and see his room is a mess with books thrown everywhere and more supplies just thrown on the ground.
"Logan are you ok?" I ask my usually emotionless friend."I am quite alright and yourself?" Logan says this without making eye contact and throwing the medical supplies in a bag. I take a few steps towards him, "Logan you don't have to act like nothing is ...." Logan cuts me off and faces towards me with his bag hanging at his side," I am fine and besides we have more important matters to attend. " Logan says coldly and walks toward the door but stops short at his dresser. He sighs and opens the first drawer which reveals a small blade. He puts this in the bag as well and walks out of the room.I say nothing and follow.

We walk down the stairs to the kitchen and find Patton making sandwiches. He looks up as we enter and gives a small smile. "I made us some lunch for the trip," Patton says. I look at Logan and then back at Patton," Are you sure you don't want to stay with Thomas, this could be dangerous." Patton looks at me with sadness and determination filling his eyes," You may need me, you both know Virgil has bad panic attacks and I'm the only one who can calm him down. Also, he is my son and I can't just sit here and wait for you two to return...," Patton looks down and takes a heavy breath," I need to be there this time, I wasn't there when he needed me the most and look what happened." I walk forward and wrap Patton in a hug," Patton you couldn't have known this would happen," I say and take a step away from him. "Yes, but I could have prevented it if I just listened to him when he said he didn't do it, we always think of him as the bad guy when he is trying to prove to us that he's not the villain." Patton looks back up and this time Logan walks forward," Patton there is no way you could have known, and you are not the only one to blame. We all didn't believe him when he said he was innocent, but we can't focus on our past mistakes. We need to learn from them and move forward." I couldn't tell if Logan said that for Patton or himself. Patton takes a small breath and replaces his smile," You're right, and we should be focusing on Virgil not me."
Logan shifts uncomfortably, probably because there is to much emotion in this room. " Well do we have a plan?" Logan asks. "Well.... a ..no, but they won't be expecting that. " I state with a smirk. Logan looks at me annoyed and brings his finger to the bridge of his nose," I should have expected that I would be the one to come up with a plan."" You are the most logical choice Lo," Patton says. They all start walking to the door and walk out, "I'll come up with a plan on the way," Logan says while pushing his glasses up before taking another step.