15

Lisa

"Lis, wait" Somi called but I have to follow Jennie.

"Somi let's talk some other time, I still have classes" I told her with my serious, she seem got the idea because she didn't insist afterwards. As soon as Somi walks away from me, I hurriedly follow Jennie to the classroom. When I reached the room, I immediately look at her seat but she's not there. I tried to scan the area because maybe she chooses to sit at the back, but I got no sign of her. Where are you Jennie? I knew it, this is a bad idea. Instead of winning her, I think I did the opposite. I'm really going to kill that brat if her stupid plan won't work. I was about to walk outside to find her but our professor stop me. Shit! Why didn't I noticed her? When did she came in?

"Montreal, I bet you and your classmate will have a quiz. No plans on going in?" she asked me, I bowed down for apologies and went to my seat. Where is Jennie? Is she going to miss the test?

Ms. Jun our Structural Theory teacher started to give the test questionnaire. She instructed us to put all our bags in front and leave only pen, some empty paper for solutions and a calculator with no cover.

"Okay you may begin" I got worried because Jennie is still not here, she can't miss this one because this will surely affect her grades. Especially Ms. Jun is not known for giving special quizzes. I need to focus and answer this test quickly so I could look for Jennie after, I know she studied for this one, Rosie told me earlier.

"Ms. Montreal, eyes on your paper" my eyes got back on the paper. The questions were not that hard because I was able to scan my notes yesterday, but I can't focus because of Jennie. Pull yourself together Lisa, answer this damn questions. So I close my eyes and slowly blink it thrice before I started answering the problems. It's a 5 item quiz with long damn solutions, I started with number one and so on and so forth. Each problem cost 3-5 minutes, 18 minutes already passed and I'm down to the last problem. 42 minutes left for Jennie to take this if she would arrive right now. The last problem is really confusing, that I have to repeat solving it again. As soon as I'm done, I quickly raised my hand. I look at the time and only 30 minutes left. When Ms. Jun saw my arm raised she went towards my seat and took my paper from me, she remain standing at my spot and check my paper.

"Good work Montreal, you can go now" I thanked her and went to the front to grab my bag, I need to find Jennie. Just when I started pacing going out of the room, I bump into a small figure. Our eyes met, and I could see dried tears on her eyes. Did she cried?

"Ms. Kim you're late, you should have a good reason" Jennie bowed her head.

"Eyes on your papers" she said to my classmates when they start murmuring.

"I'm sorry Ms. Jun, I forgot my calculator so I had to run back at the apartment" lie. Why would she say that when I saw her calculator with her earlier?

"Okay but I can't reset the time for you. Time remaining is 25 minutes, finished or not I have to take your paper" Jennie nods and walks to the front to put her bag, but I was able to grab her hand.

"Montreal, please go now if you're done. You can't stay here while the others are still answering" I let go of her hand, and she didn't even looked at me. 'Good luck Jennie' I thought and left the room. I grab my phone and dial the root of my problem.

L: We have to talk! At the bench, now!

*******

"Why are you over reacting Lis, this is the plan right? Can't you see that it's working?" I closed my eyes and breathe before I answer her.

"Working? Somi, Jennie has been avoiding me! How the hell would I end up with her if I can't even talk to her? We have to stop this, this is a stupid idea!" she massages her temple.