29

The Knight Commander

Most Knights were covered with metal armor and has a huge sword, but she's different.

Seulgi was from the family of warriors, oath to protect the King and the Kingdom of Madriado. She's doing well with her job not until she met the woman that would change her perspective of life.

It was a bright Sunday Morning of June when the Lord of Monsatto paid a visit to the palace bringing the Lady his daughter. 

Because she was a secret protector, she was dressed just like the normal girls. Then she was called by the Lord Kyungsoo.

"My Lord" she bowed down then the Lord gesture her to stood up.

"Commander, you know Lady Irene of Monsatto right?" she nods.

"Always take a look at her, the meeting will start in a few and her father asked me to look for someone who could give her company for a while" Seulgi didn't answer and again nods to the Lord.

"Good, you're dismissed!" she bowed down and got out of the room.

She started walking and observing the place. She haven't seen the Lady's face clearly but she recognizes her with her clothes that has the mark of Monsatto.

Then she saw the girl sitting on a bench near the Palace Garden. She walk towards her, the lady didn't saw her because she's looking at the beautiful flowers.

"My Lady" Irene immediately looked at the back when she heard someone. When she turn around, she saw the Knight Commander.

"Hi, do I know you?" she asked Seulgi who's still standing behind the bench.

"I was told to keep you company My Lady" Irene smiled and pulled her to sit beside her. Seulgi quickly withdraw her hand and that confuses Irene.

"What's wrong?" she asked her while Seulgi remained standing.

"I'm sorry My Lady bu-"

"Irene, please call me Irene!" she cut her off.

"But I'm not allowed to call you that My Lady" Irene got annoyed so she stood up walks out, then Seulgi followed her.

"Where are you going My La-" Irene stops and turned to look at her.

"Talk to me when you quit calling me that, it's so annoying" she rolled her eyes and turn her back again and continue walking.

Seulgi run passed by her and blocked Irene from running away.

"Move!" she said but Seulgi didn't oblige.

"I'm sorry My-.......Ire...." Irene crossed her arms waiting for Seulgi to say her name completely.

"Irene" that made her smile when Seulgi did what she wants.

"See? What's your name?" Seulgi looked at her, the first time she was able to look at her in the eyes.

"Hey? Are you pranking me?" she's starting to be annoyed again.

"No! No! My-...Irene" she answered.

"So what's your name?" she asked her again.

"I'm Seulgi, Kang Seulgi" Irene nods her head and she held Seulgi's hand dragging her back to the bench. Seulgi stiffened but her body just let the shorter girl to be pulled by her.

She didn't know what was she feeling, she didn't know why was her heart was beating fast.
*******
It was forbidden, but the Knight was having a secret conversation with the Lady. She haven't told Irene about her job, because it might scare her. 'Is she going to avoid me if she'll know that I killed thousands of people already?' that's what she was scared of.