007

"THIS WAY", RACHEL YELLED

"Why should we follow you?", Annabeth demanded. "You lead us straight into a death trap".

"It was the way we needed to go!", Rachel said. "And so is this. Come on!"

Zola couldn't see what Rachel could see but she trusted her all the same as they whipped around corners, not hesitating at any crossroads.

"Duck!", Rachel suddenly yelled as they ran.

They all crouched as a huge axe swung over their heads missing them by inches but they all kept going as nothing even happened.

Zola honestly lost track of how many turns they made and they didn't even stop to rest until they reached a room the size of a gymnasium with old marble columns holding up the roof. Percy stood by at the doorway, listening for sounds of pursuit, but there was nothing and they all breathed a sigh of relief.

Ethan collapsed on the floor eyeing all of them cautiously. "You people are crazy". His eyes then rested on Zola who had strolled towards him and sat down without saying a word.

Ethan pulled his helmet off his head, face gleaming with sweat and sighed. "Lopez"

At the mention of her name everyone discreetly turned to look at them.

"Nakamura".

"Been a while", Ethan started as he threw a stone that he was fiddling with a few feet away from him.

Zola scoffed, before turning to look at him. "Been a while? A while?, It's been five fucking years Ethan".

Ethan gave her a small apologetic smile.

Annabeth gasped. "I remember you! You were one of the undetermined kids in the Hermes cabin, years ago".

He glared at her and Zola remembered that he really didn't like Annabeth or her as he called it, 'nose in the air stance'. 

"Yeah, and you're...Annabell. I remember".

Zola held her laughter in, causing her eyes to tear up. 

Annabeth sent him an offended look. "It's Annabeth..actually".

Ethan turned to Zola, "You alright?"

Zola nodded wiping her eyes, "Yeah..allergies".

They both snorted.

The others looked at them weirdly.

"Sorry, inside joke", Zola said.

 "So...what-what happened to your eye?, Annabeth asked.

Ethan looked away and Zola got the feeling that he didn't want to discuss it at all. She was very curious about it too but she would save the questions for a later time.