005

by the way

by the way...i checked throughout the book and the ship name is perzola ;)

also everyone in the comments keep saying zochel for rachel x zola, so..we'll just go with it

__

"WE TOTALLY WASHED THEM".

Zola smiled at the centaurs enthusiasm. It was true though, they really had got them to scram but that didn't mean they wouldn't regroup and attack again soon.

Chiron patted Owen on the back. "You did well, my friends, but don't get careless. Kronos should never be underestimated. Now why don't you visit the diner on West 33rd and get some breakfast? I hear the Delaware chapter found a stash of root beer".

"Root beer!". They almost trampled each other as they galloped off.

"Thanks Chiron", Percy started. "Talk about saving the day".

He shrugged. "I'm sorry it took so long. Centaurs travel fast, as you know. We can bend distance as we ride. Even so, getting all the centaurs together was no easy task. The Party Ponies are not exactly organised".

"But..the magical defences around the city..how would you get around them?", Zola realised.

Chiron chuckled. "It slowed us down a bit, not going to lie but I think they were specifically only made for the mortals. You know how Kronos is, he wouldn't want any puny mortals getting in the way of his big victory".

"So maybe other reinforcements can get through", Percy said hopefully.

Chiron stroked his beard. "Perhaps, though time is short. As soon as Kronos regroups, he will attack again. Without the element of surprise on our side".

"Damn, I wish I could have a recording of Kronos getting squashed by a blue butt on replay", Zola mused. "Now that would be an element of surprise".

"Play it on the big screen in front of their army as they fight. They wouldn't take him seriously", Percy added with a smile.

Zola snorted, "Exactly that".

Chiron cleared his throat with a small smile.

"Oh right", Percy said realising they had gone off topic. "What about Typhon?".

Chiron's face darkened. "The gods are tiring. Dionysus was incapacitated yesterday. Typhon smashed his chariot, and the wine god went down somewhere near the Appalachians. No one has seen him since. Hephaestus is out of action as well. He was thrown from the battle so hard he created a new lake in West Virginia. He will heal, but not soon enough to help. The others still fight. They've managed to slow Typhon's approach. But the monster can not be stopped. He will arrive in New York by this time tomorrow. Once he and Kronos combine forces-".