006

__

__

"...AND I WOULD NEVER WANT TO HURT YOU SO, that is why I'm telling you this now. As me not saying anything, would just cause both of us to get more hurt in the..future".

"I get it..".

Zola nodded, slowly.

"Thank you for...and just know that I respect you so much for being brave about telling me this because I know...it's hard", Rachel said with a sigh as her eyes got watery. "I just want you to be happy".

"You're an amazing girl Rachel and I'm so honoured you...liked me like..that and I'm sure any girl would think that too about you", Zola said softly with a smile as tears rolled down her cheek.

"I...wish you the best", Rachel said slowly as she put out her hands in a gesture for a hug.

Zola allowed her to and reached over, pulling her into the tightest hugs. Then, they both let go.

"I got to...go now. See ya", Rachel said awkwardly.

"Yeah, uh bye".

Rachel scrambled off to who knows where as Zola relaxed against the wall with a sigh. Tears rolled down her cheeks. She was terrified that she had just ruined a good friendship.

__

Soon, Zola had kind of calmed down. Her eyes were still red and one could tell that she had been crying but...at least she was more relaxed now.

Zola decided to head to the elevators.

When she got there, she met Connor and Travis.

"Hey Z", they both said.

"Hi", she said as she passed them.

"Wait...", Connor murmured and then Zola felt her arms being pulled back. "Z, what's up?"

"I-I it's just been a hard day", she said with a small smile as a tear rolled down her cheek.

The brothers didn't ask any questions but just embraced her in a group hug.

When they finally pulled away, Travis tilted his head at the elevator. "You going up?"

"I was planning to", Zola said. "But-".

"No need. Usually you need a key card, but the doorman vanished", Connor started. "Which basically means that our defences are crumbling. Anyone can walk into the elevator now and head straight up".

"What?", Zola exclaimed.

"Thats why we needed reinforcements or the army will just keep coming up until they, overwhelm us", Travis explained.

"So, are we getting reinforcements?"

"Percy is", Connor said.

"Right", Zola said, ignoring the pang in her heart. "That's good".