012

__

__

"SO HOW DID IT GO", Clarisse asked her younger sister as they ate their feast of a dinner in the dining pavilion.

"Well..."

"You used the stuff I taught you right, wouldn't want Jackson taking the spotlight again would we", she taunted nudging Zola.

"Yeah, Yeah but it didn't go as planned as we lost Annabeth along the way".

"Eh, she was annoying anyway that know-it-all girl".

"CLARISSE!"

"Did I lie?"

"No..but I still feel like I failed".

"You're alive, you got the siblings. Seems like mission accomplished to me", Clarisse said as she took a large gulp from the never empty soda goblets.

"I guess", Zola said as she took a bite out of her pepperoni pizza. Clarisse had already turned around to converse with their other siblings, it was at these times Zola felt really lonely. It was great that Clarisse respected her and she could hold her own which was why she didn't get bullied by her other siblings but that didn't mean they did not avoid her.

As Zola nibbled on her pizza she could hear loud overbearing laughter in the background. 

She tapped a Clarisse on the shoulder before discretely pointing towards the Artemis table.

"Well they're lively", she pointed out to Clarisse.

"They're always like that whenever they come, annoying pricks".

"I know right..we better kick their asses in Capture the flag or we will never hear the end of it".

"What would it be..like the 56th time?" Clarisse joked.

"Better not", Zola responded firmly. 

__

Zola lay in her bed suffering from the lack of sleep that night due to the events that occurred that night. Even though she knew she tried her best, she still felt responsible for Annabeth's disappearance. 

Lifting up her sleeping mask from her eyes and putting a hoodie over her PJ top and shorts, Zola rushed to find her grey cuff slippers before slipping out the cabin door with a beach mat and small blanket. 

She climbed the Ares cabin roof with the steps provided before laying the mat down and lying down on the mat with the blanket to watch the stars. Zola loved watching the stars, it reminded her of the times she used to watch them with her mother before she got all business obsessed and basically forgot about her only daughter.

She sighed as she closed her eyes relaxing in the quiet crisp night air all alone...

There was a big shuffle behind her, causing Zola's eyes to snap open. She turned around and her eyes met with ocean ones. "This is my spot, find your own Aqua Boy".