001

__

__

"SWEETIE, THE DRIVER'S READY, ARE YOU?", Zola's mother asked as she peeked into her spacious bedroom.

"Yeah mom, I am", Zola replied from her closet as she skimmed it for her black booted Dr Martens to pair with her blue plaid skirt and black rhinestone cosmic crop top.

"At least wear an item from my collection, you always look gorgeous in them".

"Yeah sure", Zola said as she chose a comfortable stylish black jacket with the Merida Ray logo on the back. She walked out of the closet towards her mother and did a spin. "Happy".

"Yes, sweeties yes. Where are you heading off to?"

"Um-".

"Let me guess...something to do with the Percy boy right?", her mother asked with a grin.

"Yeah", Zola confirmed with a blush. "I'm meeting him after his orientation. He wants us to go bowling because he's trying to prove a point even though I told him, I'd wipe the floor with his ass any-day".

"So it's a date?", Zola's mother asked excitedly.

"No no no. Mom we are literally meeting as friends. Boys and girls can hang out you know".

"Don't try that bull with me. I've seen the way you act with Connor and Travis vs him, I'm not blind. Partly deaf? Probably. But definitely not blind".

"OMG momm", Zola whined.

"Take some cash with you from the counter and have fun sweetheart!".

Zola grabbed her small shoulder bag before rushing down the stairs, stashing the cash into her purse and dashing out the house into the car.

"Goode High School on East 81st please", Zola said before slumping into her seat in the back.

__

"Thanks".

"Can't stop you at the front but just go through that alley and the school is right there", her mother's driver pointed out helpfully.

"Thank you again so much", Zola repeated gratefully.

She stepped out before heading off into the alley. Before she could get a few steps in, someone crashed straight into her. 

"What the fuck".

Zola looked up as her balance steadied and then scoffed. "Jackson".

Percy stopped and looked at her. "Lopez", he breathed out with s smile.

"That's me".

He looked her up and down.

"Are you checking me out?", Zola joked.

"Um-", Percy started.

"I'm joking but...why are you running?"

"I-".