007

__

__

AFTER THEY HAD EXPLAINED EVERYTHING TO THE SIBLINGS, the siblings had finally started to adjust to the changes in their life and if Zola would be honest, the younger boy took it much better than his sister.

As soon as the explanation was over, Artemis had taken the girl in to talk to her and Zola immediately knew what it was about and that annoyed her. Even though she was a goddess and no disrespect should be shown towards her unless she wanted to be turned into a pigeon, Artemis still annoyed Zola.

Bianca, the younger boy's sister, had not even settled in yet to her new lifestyle when Artemis gave her the decision of a lifetime which the girl took with no hesitation. 

Actually it was not just Artemis that annoyed Zola, Bianca did too. She had chosen this new lifestyle with no hesitation, leaving her little brother behind to fend for himself out of selfishness. Even after the stuff she said about them being family and only having each other.

BULLSHIT.

Zola promised herself that she herself would make sure that the younger boy would be alright as his own sister didn't seem to give a damn. 

She watched in silence as Nico's expression changed from the excited, happy little brother to the heartbroken one and it broke her heart too. How one could be so selfish.

She already hated the hunters but she hated them EVEN more now.

__

It was nearly dawn and they were all waiting for Apollo, Artemis's twin brother to arrive on his chariot. It was freezing and Zola was wishing she had been more prepared and worn more than her red hoodie. Maybe a waist fitted puffer jacket on top. Then she would really look like a badass. 

Zola looked around the campsite full of tents and noticed Thalia sitting by the fire looking at her hands. Zola was unsure whether to join her knowing they weren't that close and she wished she had Val to comfort her in this situation or even Conner and Travis who would at least keep the atmosphere light hearted.

Zola's reaction to the cold finally got the best of her and she strolled over to Thalia and sat by her.

"Hey", Zola said unsurely. She watched as Thalia looked up from her hands as if she finally noticed Zola and muttered a 'hey' back. She understood Thalia would be devastated in this situation seeing as one of her best friends she has known since like forever just fell of the cliff and has now gone missing. She tried to take a soft approach towards the girl. "How you keeping up?"

"It's all my fault..I should've done something...been there sooner and..", as she continued to mutter mostly to herself about what she should have done. Zola also felt guilt about the situation and what she should have done. 

__

After about 30 minutes of sitting in silence, Grover and Percy arrived and huddled with them around the fire. Zola kept quiet and fiddled with her bracelet as the other three began to talk between themselves.

She looked up when they started to talk about the hunters.

"Last time the hunters visited camp, it did not go well"

"No shit, they have zero appreciation for our forests", Zola added.

The others looked at her as if finally realising she was there. 

"Why what happened", Percy asked inquisitively.

"It's a long story and i'd rather not go through the horrifying details again that those good for nothing Hunters caused", Zola snapped.

Percy put his hands up in an 'alright alright calm down' kind of gesture and it was silent again. 

"How did they even show up here...they like appeared..out of nowhere". Percy added to destroy the awkwardness.

"Well obviously it was the Goddess's doing, Aqua Boy", Zola responded

"Well obviously I didn't even know she was a Goddess before she told me, Feisty".

"Well obviously she was a Goddess, I mean have you seen her, no ones that perfect Aqua Boy."

"Well obviously that's not true or-"

"Can't believe Bianca joined them, It's all Zoë's fault.", Thalia interrupted. "That stuck up good for noth-"

"Who can blame her", Grover sighed, "Eternity with Artemis?", he said as he heaved a big sigh.

"Jeez calm down Goat boy, the hunters, especially Artemis are not all sunshine and rainbows", Zola muttered.

"Why, what did they do to you?", Percy questioned. 

"It's not about what they did to me..it's about how they treat other people. I don't like their methods."

Percy nodded slowly at Zola's response as he watched her grim expression. 

Thalia rolled her eyes nudged Grover softly while rolling her eyes, "You satyrs. You're all in love with Artemis. Don't you get that she'll never love you back?"

"But she's so... into nature,"Grover swooned. 

"You're nuts," said Thalia.

"Nuts and berries," Grover said dreamily. "Yeah."

Zola and Percy shared a look before they both died of laughter, even though they both disliked each other it did not mean they both couldn't laugh at a hilarious situation.

__

signing off

Thanks so much for reading!

next part is

coming soon