Chapter Twenty Eight

Song of the chapter is 'Figure It Out' by Royal Blood

*BEFORE YOU READ; i would like to ask all those who read to please go back to the previous chapters and VOTE if you haven't already voted for them. I'm super close to 1k votes and it would make me super happy!!! thank-you!!!*

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

Chase and I were different in so many ways.

He didn't think and instead chose to act with his fists when angered.

I thought carefully and devised plans that would allow me to humiliate the person who had angered me while letting me have the upper hand.

We literally were chalk and cheese but at the same time, once we put our differences aside and buried the hatchet, we were close enough to be siblings.

   "Chase, I'm honestly so mad right now," I said as I sat in the hospital waiting room after both Matt and Tyler had been admitted. Tyler was drifting in and out of consciousness since the paramedics arrived at the scene and Matt just stayed knocked out.

Who knew that a guy who was beat up on the field every day had a fear of blood?

   "How many times?" he said as he raised his arms in the air, "I said I was sorry!"

   "Sorry isn't going to fix his nose! My party is the day after tomorrow and his face is going to be badly battered up. I don't even know why someone hasn't called the police on you yet!" I said back in frustration.

Before Chase could retaliate against me, a nurse came out and wheeled a bruised Tyler out with her. His nose was in a plaster and around it was already badly bruised. His lip was also slightly cut and swollen from the impact of Chase's fist.

   "Look at him — you could have killed him!" I suddenly shouted at Chase I took in Tyler's appearance, "Oh my god Tyler! I am so sorry that my meathead of a brother did this to you!" I cried as I ran over to him and the nurse.

   "Miss Matthews, you've already caused quite a scene at reception with your demands. I would appreciate if you could keep your voice down," the nurse said sternly as she handed Tyler some papers. "Son, you need to fill these out so you can be discharged. Thankfully you don't have a concussion. You were lucky this time."

As the nurse strolled away I found myself cursing her under my breath, "who the fuck does she think she is. How rude of her," I mumbled as I wheeled Tyler over to the sitting area.

Tyler laughed at my muttering and I started to worry that I had been too loud.

   "Bro, I am sorry for smashing up your face," Chase said as he got off of his seat and closed the distance between us and him, "I overreacted and didn't think to ask before I just pummelled you. It won't happen again," Chase looked honestly sorry at his behaviour and I felt a pang of sympathy for being so hard on him. I mean, he thought he was defending me and here I was treating him like crap.

   "Its fine- If I was her brother I probably would have done the same," Tyler smiled lazily before wincing as the simple action caused his nose to throb.

   "But, you need to know I'd never intentionally set out to hurt her — especially not physically."

   "I know, I know — You're better than that. I should have given you benefit of the doubt," Chase said as he stared between Tyler and myself.

   "Yeah, you should have," I interrupted Ty from talking, "but I'm sorry for giving you such a hard time there Chase. Technically, you were only looking out for me and here I was making you feel like King Kong."