Chapter Seventeen

Song of the chapter is 'All of the Lights' by Kanye West, Kid Cudi and Rihanna

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Over the last week of my life, Mackenzie tried to mend the damage in our friendship, but major damage had been done and this meant that the huge gaping holes in it weren't worth salvaging. I tried to explain that to her but she just got more desperate to fix it. She needed me apparently and I suspect this was just so she wouldn't be alone on her rampage of power. But I didn't care about her needs anymore, I was done with her.

"Mack called for you again," my dad said to me across the kitchen table before taking another bite on his toast with jam. I gave him a look that screamed 'I don't care' and continued to use my spoon to push around the cereal in my bowl.

"Do I detect some hostility Khloe?" my dad asked peering over his newspaper.

"Mackenzie is pure evil and I do not wish to associate myself with her anymore. She's poisonous and that's all I'm willing to say on the matter," I replied before getting up from the table and making a move to leave the kitchen. As I passed my father he grabbed my wrist, stopping me in my tracks.

"Are you okay Khloe? If something bad happened, you'd tell me wouldn't you?" his voice was sincere and my usually cold little heart thumped with love.

"Of course I would daddy," lie. "I'm sorry for being so rude, I'm just stressed ... over my party," This certainly wasn't the first time I lied to one of my parents and it wasn't going to be the last either.

"I know you're getting old enough to look after yourself Khloe, but that doesn't stop me or your mother worrying about you," he replied with a sad smile.

"I know, honestly if there was something I'd tell you," I said smiling in an attempt to reassure him before I left the room.

I made a decision that day that despite all the drama going on in my life, I was going to spend the day finalising my party arrangements. It had to be magical. The aim of this party was changing - instead of it being a way to cement my social status; I had decided that everyone was going to be invited. Everyone. I had no need for people to fear me anymore, I wanted an easy life and I wanted to be liked for me, not because people were afraid what would happen if they didn't.

I planned a DJ, got some cute decorations, booked a caterer to create a fabulous spread of cute mini foods and desserts. In that moment, I had never been happier. Everything seemed to be on the up. I had Tyler back, I didn't have to worry about Caleb, Chase had been nice and I didn't have the posion dwarf - sorry, Mackenzie - around me anymore.

Everything seemed to be actually good without me having to control the people around me.

I was happy and I loved every second of it.

But, you know that saying; what goes up, must come down.

And I did come down. Hard.

***

"So am invited to your party then Khlo?" Tyler asked me through the phone that night.

"Of course you are, I can't go to my own party without some man candy clinging to my arm now can I?" I said jokingly.

"I guess not, but as the man in this set up, I like to think it would be you clinging to my muscular bicep," the smirk I knew he was wearing was evident in his voice.

"Oh really now? You'd be so lucky pal," I said back teasingly. I noticed I was unconsciously twirling a lock of my hair in my fingers as I caught sight in the mirror.