Chapter Twenty Five

Song of the chapter is Drake's 'Just Hold On We're Going Home'

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

Three nights before my death, I was curled up on the sofa in my living room with Jack watching love actually when Chase graced us with his presence.

"Hey bro," Jack said when Chase strutted into the room.

"Hey little man," chase replied. He then looked at me and smiled slightly. Ever since our talk, things had been weird - a good weird - the both of us were more at ease around each other but it was still pretty awkward.

"Hey Khlo," Chase said as he came and sat on the sofa beside me.

"Well hello there," I replied playfully. Happiness was seeping into my voice and I couldn't help but love the fact that I was sandwiched between my brothers and no one was fighting or trying to kill me.

"I don't think I'll ever get used to this," Jack said as he munched on popcorn.

"What?" I asked as I noticed just how much that boy could eat.

"You two being nice to each other, it's weird but in a nice kinda way. I like this," he replied with his own smile. In the years of war between Chase and myself, I never stopped to think about the kind of affect our behaviour would have on him. I don't think either of us did.

"Well get used to it little buddy," Chase said before he reached across me to snatch some popcorn away.

For the rest of the evening, the three of us sat and watched whatever was playing. I was forced to turn love actually off because apparently we are a democracy and it was two VS one. Typical boys.

At about half ten that night, my phone vibrated and alerted me to having a text. Every time my phone went since the early morning phone call, I found myself panicking. Because the contact between the stalker and me was so random, I had no way of predicting when or where I would be when their next event would take place. I always had to be on alert but at the same time I'm proud that I still managed to have some happy moments. The stalker consumed many of my thoughts, but I take it as a victory that he did not manage to consume every thought.

Tyler:

Meet me at your front door at 11 x

I loved seeing his name pop up onto my phone. I also loved how he had planned something for us; I mean that was super romantic. I always liked it when a guy could take charge and just decide he wanted to take me out and you get the point. In my eyes Tyler was perfect. He could do no wrong. He made me a better person. I was so consumed with love for this boy that I was willing to overlook any and all fatal flaws.

"Lover-boy texting you?" Chase said stirring me from my thoughts.

"And who would my lover boy be?" I replied before realising that he probably already knew.

"I'm happy as long as it's anyone but Caleb," he grumbled before he turned back to the TV.

Caleb's name had become a swear word to me. He was pure evil like Mackenzie. I grouped the pair together simply because they were poisonous. Caleb wasn't as manipulative as Mack was, but I just felt like there was something more sinister to him than met the eye. He went from caring to venomous in seconds for no reason and was constantly hostile. When we dated, he was possessive and controlling but hid it through the cute dates and all those talks about feelings. Quite frankly, he was dangerous like a grenade. All you had to do was say the wrong thing and he would go off and obliterate everything and everyone in sight.

"Definitely not Caleb," I replied to chase before making my excuses to leave. I needed a few minutes prep which involved making sure I looked okay. I didn't want to make him change his mind about our impromptu meeting.