Chapter Fifteen

Song of the chapter is The Weeknd's 'Often'.

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

The day after me and Tyler became a "thing", Mackenzie came over to mine. She deliberately refused to just leave me alone like I had instructed and that made me even more bitter. My mum let her in as she didn't see any problem with it — after all, I had supposedly stayed at her house that night they couldn't contact me.

   "Khloe, you have a visitor," my called from downstairs. She was still pissed at me and I could feel it in her tone. Any other mother would have just turned around and refused access to the guest but ever since the night Mackenzie turned up at ours covered in blood, she has always let friends in.

 When I arrived downstairs and saw it was her, my blood instantly began to boil. I even became nauseous just looking at her — she was a monster and it made my skin crawl to know I didn't see it.

  "Hey..." she stared off, her tone uncertain.

  "I thought I told you to stay the hell away from me?" I demanded, ignoring her.

  "I figured you were just mad, but now that you've had time to think about it I was hoping that you would understand. See things from my perspective," she finished with a smile.

  "Are you being serious right now?" I questioned. I was in complete disbelief at her attempt to brush the situation under the carpet, "this isn't something you can fix Mackenzie, I hate you. You cannot change my feelings towards you no matter how much you try."

The shock was evident in her eyes and on her face, "but... but," she tried.

  "No. Just stop. I will never forgive you for this — never," I spat at her with as much venom as I could muster. I didn't recognise this girl who stood before me, the Mack I knew would never, ever have done something like this. But I guess it just goes to show you.

You never really know a person fully.

Her eyes turned cold and so did her body language. She looked like she was calculating me, trying to figure out her next move. She was like a predator trying to think of the best way to catch their prey.

  "And in case you are worrying about whether or not I am going to go to the police, you can just keep on worrying, because I haven't decided yet. I want you to suffer Mack, it's what you deserve," I sneered at her as I got closer and closer to her.

   "You're no better than me Matthews, I may be a bitch but so are you — and everyone at school thinks you're worse than me. So have fun while you can because this is my town. You may think you run it — but we both know I'm the leader out of us," she stated before turning to leave.

  "I'll admit that I am a bitch Mack, but you're a monster — a cold blooded reptile who no one could ever love. I bet your precious daddy doesn't even love you and he definitely won't when he finds out about what you've done," I threatened. She needed to know who was in control and it definitely wasn't her. Not this time.

  "You wouldn't fucking dare," she turned around. She tried to act confident but the fear was clear in her voice.

  "Try me," was all I said before I took off back up the stairs to continue doing what I did best. Organise parties.

***

  "So you just left her standing there? I would pay to see the look on her face," Tyler said, quietly laughing to himself.

  "I wish I had of stayed now just to see the fear. I can't believe I thought we were friends — I'm still fuming over the whole ordeal," I replied to him.