Chapter Thirty Four

Song of the chapter is 'Devil May Cry' by The Weeknd

Photo is of Jackson who is played by Diego Boneta

CHAPTER THIRTY FOUR 

please check out the spotify playlist I've made for the story as it contains (almost) every song for each chapter!! link on my profile:)

From just taking one look at Alec, I could already tell that he and Marnie made one of the most beautiful couples ever. Alec had dark hair and cerulean blue eyes which emphasised the length of his thick, black eye lashes that any model would be jealous of. His plump lips were curled up into an easy smile which only highlighted his prominent cheekbones. I could only imagine how perfect he and Marnie would look beside each other, his solid body moulding against hers in a protective stance.

"You and Marnie must be the best looking dead couple I have ever met," I stated plainly as I ran my eyes over his body. He was dressed in a black suit and black tie, making it evident that he had died on prom night.

Instead of getting offended at my blasé attitude, Alec just laughed as though the situation was something that happened all the time. "I'm pretty from the front, but turn me to the side and it's a whole different story."

I replied with furrowed eyebrows, "If you're referring to the possibility of having three chins and twelve rolls, you're very much mistaken-"

Alec slowly turned his body so that I was looking at what should have been the right side of his head, but instead was a gaping hole of tissue and fragmented bone. Blood stains were still congealed in his hair.

"Holy shit," I murmured as I stared at the hole where Marnie's father must have shot him.

"It was close range - supposed to look like a suicide after all," Alec said. I detected a hint of resentment in his tone but I suppose you couldn't blame him. The love of his life's father took a gun and blew his brains out because the pair of them wanted to do something that many teenagers had done before.

Nodding, the realisation that I must look a mess settled in, "Do I even have a forehead?" I asked with disgust at the idea of looking so gory.

Alec stood awkwardly facing me again with a sympathetic smile on his face, "Yes, I'm assuming you were shot twice because there's two entry holes, one more forceful than the other?" He mused.

I nodded with unease, "First shot was from a distance, and the second was a while after I had died at close range."

Alec visibly shivered at the idea and his face turned up in horror, "I've heard a lot of sick stories in my time here and much doesn't surprise me anymore, but that is hard to stomach."

I shrugged before turning to see Jackson coming in my direction. This time, I had the good sense to get out of the way as he headed down the hall towards my room. I watched as he gently opened my bedroom door with an uneasy look on his face, almost as though he felt like he was intruding. I felt a slight hint of admiration at the idea of him not wanting to intrude on the life of a girl who was already dead. Maybe he wasn't such a shitty cop after all.