Chapter Sixteen

Song of the chapter is The Pretty Reckless 'Going to Hell'

Photo is of Matthew McConaghy who plays Khloe's dad

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

With help from Chase, everything was in place for me to successfully end the relationship I had with Caleb. I was filled with trepidation when I made my way to his house; it was so important that I pulled this off. Both mine and Tyler's happiness was relying on this. If I didn't end things with Caleb in an amicable way then I was going to be in a less than ideal situation. I was going to his house in order to pull off a performance that would be Oscar worthy.

In the last number of years I had gained some skills that any girl with little power would envy. I was a manipulator. Before my death, I had sort of calmed down with the craze of power and instead was beginning to just be me again.

The plan was to go to Caleb's house and look angry. I would rant and rave at him and maybe throw some things and then I would switch to looking upset and broken. When he tried to comfort me like I knew he would, I would simply tell him it was too late for us. Then I planned to leave and go see Tyler.

When I finally arrived at Caleb's and knocked on the door, I was beyond nervous. I was starting to worry that my nerves would give away my plan. I couldn't risk him finding out.

  "Khloe," Caleb said as he answered the door with a smile on his face, "I wasn't expecting you."

  "We need to talk," I stated with little emotion.

  "That's never good," he replied while rubbing his temples. He had a pained look on his face and I almost pitied him. Almost.

I stalked into the house, trying my best to seem like I was threatening to explode at any second.

  "When were you going to tell me? Or were you never going to tell me?" I hurled at him before he had even closed the door.

  "Khloe, baby, I honestly don't know what you're talking about," he said softly, confusion clouding his features.

  "Oh really? Well, in that case I better tell you what I'm referring to," I started, making myself as dramatic as possible. Khloe Matthews was nothing if she was not dramatic.

  "Please calm down babe, it's probably just a simple  misunderstanding," he replied as he started to stride towards me. I immediately backed away and his features contorted in pain and confusion.

  "Don't fucking touch me — you have lost all right to touch me," I said angrily.

  "Okay, what the fuck? Why are you so mad?"

  "I'm mad because my boyfriend seems to think its okay for him to cheat on me with my best friend. Yes you way look scared Caleb, because I fucking know what you did at Mike's party — or should I say WHO you did at his party!" I screamed at him.

I was brilliant. Totally Oscar worthy.

  "I — I swear I didn't-" he started to try to back track and deny my allegations. But I wasn't going to have any of it.

  "Don't," I said while holding up a hand in his direction in an attempt to silence him, "I honestly do not care for your excuses. I know you did it. I have not one but several reliable sources. Do you know how stupid this makes me look? I will be the laughing stock of the school. Not only is that bad enough but I fucking loved you and you told me you loved me. Clearly everyone was right about you. I was warned many, many times that you would hurt me and guess what Caleb, you have. If that was your aim then good work because I don't even know how I made it here to face you. I just can't believe you — You're such a fucking liar! I hate you Caleb Benson, I fucking hate you!" I screamed at him before breaking into tears.