𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟶

𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒔 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒃𝒍𝒆𝒎𝒔, 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒑𝒆𝒐𝒑𝒍𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒊𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒔.

OMNISCIENT

Salim was standing by the front door waiting for her as she came down the stairs with tentative steps. Her black-coloured dress glinted under the chandelier lights. It fitted perfectly from the bust down to the thighs where it fell freely to the ground, the silk lining ensuring it hung beautifully. She had on a light dusting of beautifully applied make-up.

Salim caught his breath as he set his eyes on her. His eyes swept over her from head to toe, letting his gaze rake over her beautiful body.

"What do you think?" She asked bashfully, stopping a few feet away from him.

He reluctantly flickered his gaze to her face. He wasn't done admiring her yet.

He frowned. "I don't like it."

"Really?" She asked in a pout. "I really put effort into finding this dress."

He took a few steps towards her, closing in on the distance between them.

"I'm joking." He broke into a smile. "You look perfect." He said, almost in a whisper.

A hot blush crept up on her cheeks but she tried to mask it by averting her gaze.

"You look quite amazing yourself." She declared, admiring how utterly charming Salim looked in his white Babbar Riga and greggo flat louboutin covers.

"Not as amazing as you clearly. You want us to be chased out because you decided to look more beautiful than the celebrants." He quipped.

She half-pouted. "I guess if that's how you feel i could go back upstairs and change into sweats."

"I bet you would still look good in sweats."

She rolled her eyes while breaking into a smile.

A jaunty rap on the door piqued their attention and in came the driver. "Sir. The car has been warmed up. Shall we get going?" He asked.

"Yes. We will be out in a minute."

After the door clicked shut, Salim turned to her.

"Shall we?" He asked.

Nasreen looked up to see Salim with his hand held out for her. He was staring at her, the naked tenderness in his brown eyes filling the depths of her soul. The way he looked at her made her feel beautiful.

"Yes." She answered, taking his hands.

She felt a strange, warm feeling in her chest as she peered at their entwined hands.