𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟶

𝑾𝒉𝒊𝒕𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒃𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒊𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒌.

OMNISCIENT

St. Nicholas Hospital

"She's late." Maryam threw the statement accross the table to Nasreen, glancing at her watch for the millionth time.

From her tone, Nasreen could already tell she was anxious, the two of them were. Both Usman and Maryam were seated nervously across the table. It had started with Usman trying to quell Maryam's nervousness until some minutes ago, he too started fidgeting.

As if she had sensed their tension, the OBGYN consultant piled into the office offering an apology immediately. "I'm so sorry I'm late."

"It's no problem doctor." Usman replied whilst Maryam only meekly stared at her.

The doctor woman took her position on the office chair, passing a quick glance towards Nasreen. "Dr Burja, unless you have somehow changed your speciality to gynecology, you aren't supposed to be here."

Nasreen was more than happy to leave and had proceeded to stand up when Maryam intervened. "Err, actually, I asked her to be here." Her face softened. "She's my sister-in-law."

"No no." Nasreen gave a nervous laugh. "I could go. I really don't mind leaving." She already had her hands on the door.

"Please Nasreen." Maryam's eyes tendered a plea.

Nasreen deliberated for a moment. "Okay." She eventually breathed before reluctantly returning to her seat.

The doctor nodded at the arrangement before clearing her throat.

"I understand from reports that you two are having trouble having children." The woman began.

"Yes." Usman answered.

"Well, it was a very good idea for you to have both come. I want you to understand that creating a child is a 50-50 deal; half egg, half sperm. Now Mr..." The woman paused.

"Usman." He completed.

"Yes of course, Mr Usman. Since your wife has already been tested and her results came out clean, more focus will be put on you. I appreciate you coming down here with your wife because quite frankly most men don't understand that making a baby takes both parents but unfortunately I'm not the doctor for you, I'll have to refer you to an andrologist."