𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟽

𝑵𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒑𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒓𝒐𝒂𝒅: 𝒊𝒕’𝒔 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒘𝒂𝒍𝒌 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒏𝒐 𝒇𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒈𝒓𝒐𝒘.

OMNISCIENT

OMNISCIENT

Do you by any chance know how to look after an overly excited teenager?

Oh my God. Is she there yet?
Tell Sophie I'm so sorry I had to be on call today, but I'll be there first thing tomorrow morning.

Sure thing, but I'm not so sure I can handle all this excitement.

Don't be so dramatic, Of course you can.

Salim didn't reply after that, until moments later when a ping eluded her phone.

OH NO!

What?! Nasreen replied, panic stricken.

She is trying to show me her dress! There are glitters EVERYWHERE. I'm practically being blinded by the amount of glitz on this dress.

Nasreen rolled her eyes. Really? She texted back.

Yes really. This is torture!

Well...have fun:)

Her reply was no reply as she continued with her office work. It was a little over 6pm and the last batch of employees that weren't on call were getting ready to leave before the sun completely sank into the horizon.

A task at hand requested her to go downstairs to the receptionist's. She was writing down something when she felt someone's presence behind her.

"Dr Burja." Dr Bakri's voice sounded from behind Nasreen. She turned around to face him.

"Can I see you for a moment?" He asked with an unusual sober expression.

"Of course." She replied with as much confidence as she could muster. She followed him into a secluded corner with trepidation. Dr Bakri never called on her unless it was something important.

"Sir?" She blinked with concern as they halted their steps.

His response to her was reaching out into his bag and bringing out a sealed, brown envelope.

"I wanted to tell you as soon as possible." He trailed.

"Okay?" Nasreen said, trying her best to calm her nerves.

"So last week, a researcher position on optimizing hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for further patients with sickle cell disease not just children opened up. So I spoke to a few of my doctor friends, and I told them I had a candidate who had dedicated her entire career to finding an improvement for sickle cell patients. I sent them a copy of your CV and other project research and they were impressed."