𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹

𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒍𝒅 𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇.

OMNISCIENT

OMNISCIENT

A month later...

Weeks after their meet, Our setting once more places us at the Burja Residence.

After weeks of continuous phone calls, and never-ending messages. Madam Farida alias Mrs Dikko finally paid Mrs Burja a visit. Her intention was to stay for 30 minutes more or less and then leave, but the nostalgic trip down memory lane kept her glued to her seat for at least 3 hours .

"Farida, Remember the name they used to call our group, Back then it was You, Salma and I. We were inseparable." Mrs Burja recalled, massaging her cheeks as a result of the unceasing laughs.

"Oh my. It has truly been so long, I can't believe I've forgotten."

There was a brief pause as each woman was trying to recall the name given to their now fragmented trio. It wasn't long before Mrs Burja exclaimed.

"Uku Bala'i! (Triple Threat)."

Laughter filled the room as the two women clutched their stomachs at the reminiscence.

"Who even thought of the name? It was so stupid. But Amina, we were so close then, We actually thought we would go to the same university, get married at the same time, and our kids would even become best friends, or get married to each other." said Mrs Dikko.

"Such is life. You can imagine us not meeting till 20 years later."

".... Speaking of Children, It totally skipped my mind, How many do you have now?" continued Mrs Burja.

"I have four children, Three girls and a boy. A girl came first, then the boy, then two girls."

"Four kids later and you're still looking as you were then, You have to spill your secrets." Mrs Dikko felt flushed.

Mrs Burja continued. "How old are your children now? Tell me all about them." Mrs Burja was genuinely interested seeing as she has missed so much in her friend's life.

"Umm, The first, Maryam, will be clocking 34 in two months, She has been married for a while now, but is yet to have kids.
My Second, Salim. He is 32, currently searching for a wife. He is a graduate of Economics, He is actually the Head of the Finance Department of my husband's company.
Ruqayyah, my third. She is 26, She is presently in law school, so I don't see much of her around the house.
Which brings us to my last, Safiya, she is 17 and currently in her final year of secondary school."

"Oh wow." Mrs Burja breathed. "They sound like absolute angels."

The women were in the middle of their gist session, when Mrs Dikko excused herself to go to the bathroom.