𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟷

𝑰𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒍𝒅 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒃𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒚 𝒑𝒆𝒐𝒑𝒍𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒊𝒎𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔?

OMNISCIENT

6:16am.

When Salim awoke in the morning, Nasreen was talking softly on the phone in the end of the room. As his senses slowly started coming into being, he lay there silently, looking at her and trying to figure out why she was on the phone so early in the morning.

"Good morning." He said to her immediately he heard her hang up. Since she didn't know he was awake, she shuddered in fear.

"Salim." Her shocked form managed to say. "Hey...Good morning."

She crawled back into the bed, placing a kiss on his lips in the process. He waited till she got into a sitting position, her back resting on the headboard before asking.

"Who were you talking to?" He asked, his brown orbs studying her very closely as she sorted an answer.

"Oh you know." She trailed, her voice suddenly getting a few pitches higher. "It's work."

"This early?" He asks again.

"It's Basma, she was asking me something about a patient, so..." Her eyes meets his for a moment before she cuts hers away.

"Why is she calling you so early if you're going to meet at work?"

"Oh." Even in the somewhat darkened room, he could see her freeze up. "I'm not going to work today."

"Why not?"

"Nothing big, someone took my shift at work, so I have the day off."

He cast her an unconvinced look but refused to say anything. After a short lapse of silence. "If you say so." was all he said.

"Yeah." She muttered back.

Shortly after, Salim pads out of the bed and goes on to take his bath and get dressed for the day. By the time he walked out of the bathroom, Nasreen was not on the bed. He figured she scampered off to her room.

Roughly forty minutes later, he was descending down the stairs and heading for the kitchen. Immediately the kitchen door glided open, his mouth fell agape.

Behind the stove skilfully turning a pancake was Nasreen. The pancakes were only an addition to the dishes of chicken stir fry, scrambled eggs and sandwiches laid out on the countertop.

"What's all this?" He asked, seemingly overwhelmed by all the food.

"I figured we haven't been spending time together, so why not have breakfast together?"