𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟿

𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒆𝒐𝒑𝒍𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒆𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒎𝒆𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖.

OMNISCIENT

Nasreen groaned as she wiped off the splatter of food off of her face, hands and chest while Eli flashed her a toothy grin as if he was well aware of what he had done.

"Are you happy with yourself right now?" She questioned, narrowing her eyes and shaking her head at him.

It didn't faze him though, he just squealed as he slapped his hands repeatedly on his booster seat.

"Let's try this one more time." She said after she had gotten the last bit of vegetables off her body.

She scooped up the finger food in her hands and after many attempts got him to open his mouth. He chewed for a moment while scrunching his face in disgust then did what he had done for the past three times. He spat it out. Luckily it didn't near her body this time around.

"Oh my God." She groaned. "You know what. I'll just feed you your formula."

She turned towards the cabinet to get his formula.

Days had passed since Vanessa dropped Eli off. And Nasreen and Salim have had their hands full with him.

Today being tuesday, Salim scampered off to brunch with his friends, leaving her to face Eli alone.

His mother made it strictly clear that he was to eat vegetables everyday, but the only problem was that Eli hated vegetables with all his might. Give him tiny bits of bread, oats, rice, he will take them all. But the minute you try to feed him vegetables, he turns into a miniature tasmanian devil.

After heating up some water and milk, she picked him up from his booster seat and took him into the living room. The spare living room was baby proofed for Eli, all his toys were sprawled across the living room, Nasreen made sure not to step on his rock-a-stack toy.

As she was halfway through feeding Eli, a voice echoed through the room. Thinking it was the sound of the TV, Nasreen lowered the volume. But the voice echoed again.

"Hellooo." The voice dragged. "Anybody home?"

The voice wasn't in the same room with Nasreen, she turned around with Eli in her arms to see the source of the voice, an intercom.

It was a feminine voice and Nasreen recognized it.

"Ruqayyah?" She asked as she pressed the button on the intercom.

"Nasreen. Hey. Is Salim at home?"

"No. He went out for brunch with his friends. Where are you?"