𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟼

𝑯𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒊𝒅𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏, 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏.

OMNISCIENT

OMNISCIENT

The embellished card moved between Nasreen's slim fingers with dexterity she had no knowledge of having prior to this. God knows how long she had been fiddling with it like this. She had gone back to her accommodation at the Institute, mostly because she needed quiet time to think. Salim had given her that card yesterday and she still hadn't made a decision on whether to call or not. To easen her decision making, she opted for a coin toss. Heads and she was going to pick up that phone and hopefully get around to convincing him for them to speak and sort all this out.Tails, and well, you know the rest.

She had luckily found a coin in her purse. She brought it out and took a deep breath before flipping it.

Heads.

Nasreen couldn't even spur shock, she had actually seen it coming. In real sense, she had actually hoped for it to be so.

Without wasting any time, She dialled the number as quickly as she had typed it in.

"Hello. This is the Westbrook Hotel. How may I help you?" The female voice seeped in through the transmitter.

"Uh...Hi. My name is Nasreen, I was wondering if you could put me through to an occupant of your hotel. His name is Salim, he is in Room 7. I don't know if it's possible."

Nasreen could hear her furiously typing away on what she assumed was a desktop. Finally she stopped and spoke. "Yes, I see it here. Salim Dikko, room 7. Are you by any chance Nas...Naz...re-"

"Nasreen, yes yes. That's me." Nasreen said impatiently. "Is something wrong?"

"No. It seems the occupant of this room had actually been expecting your call. He dropped your name and number here."

"Oh wow. So can I speak to him?"

"Yes but no." The woman said. "Unfortunately, Mr Dikko checked out an hour ago."

Nasreen instantly felt a great pang grip her heart. "No. He told me to call. He couldn't have left already."

"I'm sorry ma'am." She apologized. "But there is nothing I can do."

She was about to hang up when an idea struck her. "Wait. What time is his flight?"

"Umm." The clicking of keyboard resumed. "3pm ma'am."

"Alright." Then she hung up.

This was just 10:43am. Why did Salim check out so early? Even if he wanted to get to the airport in time, it was at most a 2-hour drive there, checking-in and other airport hassles would take like 30 minutes, he would still have an extra 3 hours on his hands. But then, she reasoned that it was to her advantage, if she left for the airport right now, she could still make it in time for them to talk before he left for Nigeria.