𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟺

𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒆 𝒎𝒆𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒐𝒇 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒔, 𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒂𝒅𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒊𝒕.

OMNISCIENT

In the week leading up to the announcements of the test results, Nasreen's and Salim's lives had inexplicably turned upside-down.

Salim's end was filled with nonstop contract drafting and prerequisite listing in lieu of the CEO transition, that without ruining the efficiency of the status quo, in order not to tip off Aunt Sumayya. Had she caught even if it were a whiff of what was going on, she would jump on the nearest plane and drag Jubril from Turkey and get him married to the next nubile female she saw.

Of course this wasn't without Fatima's constant badgering. Every morning, right before he left for work, She would send him a 'Good morning, Have a great day' text. If he didn't reply, she would call him and ask him if he had seen her texts. The latest he had had to endure was her coming to his office, claiming to have brought him 'homemade' food, but he could recognize Flamme Rouge's Teriyaki Chicken Rice anywhere in the world. At the very least, she had fine taste.

After that, Sarah was under strict instructions not to let anyone that was not his family into his office.

Nasreen on the other hand had her hands full with shopping sprees and marriage preparations. The day after Nasreen had agreed to Salim's proposal, Mrs Burja had spent the entirety of it shopping and bargain hunting for furniture, fabrics, jewelry, you name it.

"Don't you think all this is too much? I mean, we don't even know what the results are yet." Nasreen had asked, eyeing up the living room filled with piles of bags, cartons and boxes.

"Nonsense. What happens when the results come back positive? I won't have enough time to get all these things." Mrs Burja replied with a half pout.

So while Mrs Burja was satisfyably buying everything in sight, she brought along a very uninterested Nasreen whose major job was to keep her mother in check before she maxed out a black card.

Right now, they were in an interior shop where the manager was showing Mrs Burja a catalogue of the different furniture they had in store.

"Nas. What do you think? The Reverse Stitch Saddle Black Leather sofa or The Westbury Velvet Chesterfield sofas." raking her eyes over the glossy pages, she continued. "Personally I think the Velvet sofas are of higher quality. Don't you think?"

Nas was about to answer when a ring filled the air, the source emanating from Nasreen's bag.

"Hold that thought for a minute. I'll be right back." She said, excusing herself from the room.