𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

𝑯𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒂𝒈𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒔𝒉.

OMNISCIENT

OMNISCIENT

He profusely offered a string of apologies to the pedestrian he almost ran down. With the insane speed with which he drove, it was more or less a narrow escape. But his excitement overshadowed the guilt of almost running down the man.

She's back. She's actually back. After six months of being without his loving wife, Salim couldn't have been less excited at the prospect of her coming back. Which would explain his speed considering he was late to the airport.

In a matter of half an hour, he was standing excitedly at the airport waiting for the next batch of International arrivals. Nasreen texted him that she was at the carousel waiting for her luggage, meaning she would be out in 10 minutes at most.

But fifteen minutes had passed and he hadn't heard from her. His texts met no reply. And to his knowledge, the other people that had arrived with the same flight had started piling out. He took note of a lanky man with straggly beards, a young woman with the fairly large baby bump and another woman with a toddler in her hands. But still no sign of Nasreen.

He tried calling Nasreen. Whilst the phone rang, he cast a glance at the pregnant woman, she was wearing tinted glasses so he couldn't really see what she looked like, but she did look like she was searching for someone, maybe a family member. His attention got taken away when Nasreen picked up.

"Nasreen where are you?"

"What do you mean? I'm outside. Where are you?"

"I'm outside too." He said. "I can see people with the same flight as you coming out, but I can't see you." His gaze suddenly caught on to the pregnant woman again, she was on the phone too.

"I can't see you either." She huffed. "What are you wearing?"

"Tees and Jeans." He said.

"Great. That could be just about anybody in this place. Why don't I try waving?"

"Good idea." He eyes scanned the place for anyone waving. He instantly caught on to someone, a woman, but she was facing backwards so he wasn't sure.

"Oh yes, I think I see you." He was disappointed when the woman did turn around but it wasn't Nasreen, it was only the pregnant woman of earlier. "No." He sighed. "It's just this pregnant lady. Why can't I see you?"

Nasreen was silent, then said in an almost amused tone. "Umm...you just did."

"Where? I told you- it's this pregnant lady." He said then continued to look around.

He hadn't noticed but the pregnant woman had been scanning the room too until her eyes landed on her husband. She then took off her glasses and waited for him to notice her.