𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟹

𝑯𝒂𝒓𝒅𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒌 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒔 𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒇𝒖𝒔𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒌 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒅.

OMNISCIENT

During the week, Nasreen had received an invitation from Salim. It was an invitation for a party organised by both companies to celebrate the completion of the merger. As First Lady, her presence was required.

The date had been set for Saturday which was today.

In the entire week, after the incident last week, she had only caught a whiff of Salim once. For seven whole days. He hadn't even gotten round to delivering the invite himself, he had sent his assistant.

She couldn't even tell if he was angry or just busy, although her mind gave her a hint that it was both. She picked up her phone, peeking at the clock.

It was 6:42pm. An event that was supposed to start by 7:00pm prompt. Or at least that was what the IV card read. She had gotten dressed. God knows she had gotten ready an hour before now. But she was supposed to go with Salim, and Salim still hadn't showed up. She wondered if he was standing her up. It was beginning to feel like it.

She sighed and closed her eyes, the drowsiness of sleep starting to whisk her away. She had only gotten an hour's sleep after call today. All other hours were put into getting dressed. More of the hours were put into finding the dress to wear in the first place. She had eventually settled for a sequinned fabric styled into lovely evening dress that draped elegantly across her hips finishing it off with Jimmy Choo heels.

Merely two minutes later, the front door burst open, the sound causing Nasreen to jolt awake. She walked out into the entrance hall where he was trying to take off his shoes.

"Hi." She muttered awkwardly.

"Sorry you had to wait-" He said, although there was no tinge of remorse in his tone.

"It's okay I-." She said pleadingly.

"It's not." He cut her off. "My assistant held me up for some last minute expenditures." He glanced up at her, having successfully taken off his shoes. He instantly stopped. He allowed his eyes ravish the curves of her body.

She smiled. A smile that somehow always seemed to sweep him off his feet. Except that this time around it didn't. He returned his expression to a scowl and said. "I'll be downstairs in five."

Five short minutes later, he returned downstairs nattily dressed in a black, linen three-piece suit. Nasreen particularly admired how completely debonair he looked in his dinner jacket.

"Shall we get going?" He asked, fastening the button on his jacket.

"Yes." She said. Although she wished she had more time to ogle at him.